Newbie (Help)
Which?

Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Direct3D9 (Software)
Direct3D9 (Null)
Null(Software)
Null(Null)

Sponsored links

Hmm...it seems that the plugin doesn't recognize your onboard gfx chip to support DX10; nothing you can do then.

I still suggest you get a new gfx card though.
But if you're trying to get a new gfx card only because of PCSX2, then don't.

The 'funny' thing about PCSX2 is that to be able to play 3D PS2 games with it smoothly, you have to have a PC that's powerful enough to play Crysis.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
I like gaming alot so i might just get a new one anyways....

man.... I gotta get a job....
Well, no problem then. =)

Just keep in mind that if you happen to want to install a new one yourself, be very careful about it.
And make sure that the power supply of you CPU has one or two unused PCI-E power cable.
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Quote:The 'funny' thing about PCSX2 is that to be able to play 3D PS2 games with it smoothly, you have to have a PC that's powerful enough to play Crysis.
not all 3D games.

Some of them (like FFX) can be played with quite an old machine. Some intensive ones will require a PC that can run 2 or 3 Crysis Windows at a time.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, at least on mine I have to set 'EE Cyclerate' to 2, 'VU Cycle Stealing' to 2, INTC & BIFC0 detection hacks and mVU Flag Hack in order to get a full 60fps; GSdx also set to allow 8-bit textures in DX10/DX11 Hardware.
If I don't use any speedhacks, it'll be 43~48fps on the real-time rendered intro alone.
Keep in mind that my C2D E6550 only supports up to SSSE3, and that I don't know what kind of specs you'd consider 'old'. =b

Another funny thing is that a 4x AA on Hardware mode doesn't seem to have much impact on performance on any 3D games I've tested so far; 1~2fps difference, in some cases a bit faster Excl.
Probably placebo, but the fps numbers sometimes say otherwise.
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

you get fake fps number when enabling speedhacks, thus it can't be trusted in that case.
What I call old : PIV 3Ghz
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hmm...that's actually news to me.
Well, regardless of false fps numbers, it is smoother than when I'm not using speedhacks at all (obviously).

In any case, my own definition of something 'playable' is if it's at least 50fps, or anything that just feels not too laggy.
When it hits 40-ish or below, it's speedhack time or just play another game.

Actually, I'm thinking if it's because my E6550 just hit 2.8GHz...?
I mean, PCSX2 (0.9.7) is pretty much multi-threaded, but not supporting multi-core yet, right?
CMIIW though.
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

PAL full speed = 50fps, NTSC full speed = 60fps

...if your cpu is only able to crank out 50fps, does that mean PAL games will emulate smooth/@full speed and the same game as NTSC version will slightly lag / slow-mo ?
(03-30-2010, 02:28 PM)gsoda Wrote: PAL full speed = 50fps, NTSC full speed = 60fps

...if your cpu is only able to crank out 50fps, does that mean PAL games will emulate smooth/@full speed and the same game as NTSC version will slightly lag / slow-mo ?

Asked MANY MANY times before. A search would give you this:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PAL-vs-NTSC
[Image: newsig.jpg]