Newbie Q + X-Men Legends 2
Hey there, just started playing around with PCXS2 and had a few questions:

1) I've had some problems with my PC in general, and although it checks out with all the system requirements, I keep having "hiccups".

I get very few crashes with error reports, but what I'm constantly getting is the program shutting itself completely off without warning or an error report. Kinda like I just hit ALT+F4. I'm wondering if this is something common or probably related to my actual PC. I run ePSXe and a few other emulators quite well, but do have some crashing problems with other programs. Right now I'm in the process of testing more games, but only have PES 2009 and X-Men Legends 2.

2) On the subject of X-Men Legends 2, the framerate is clocking in at about 30 fps and subsequently the game is running really slow. I'm definitely going to play with some settings, but just wondering if anyone has something concrete and proven to work much of the time.

Cheers (and apologies for any related newbie-ness)

Sponsored links

give us your pc specs
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(06-28-2010, 12:46 AM)diegochiha Wrote: give us your pc specs

XP service pack 3
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Memory: 1014MB RAM

Here's something slightly weird from DxDiag:
Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

I've had some weird problems with this desktop. Everything crashes yet the losers who work at the multiple places I've had scope her out say there's nothing wrong with it. I'm changing out the Processor/mobo at the end of summer. (and note I'm not the best with comps in general)

Any help is appreciated.
" Display Tab 1: No problems found. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer. "

1. Open DXDIAG
2. Go to DISPLAY
3. Make sure Direct3D Acceleration is ENABLED.
4. Download the latest driver for your Graphics card here
In that site :
- Set Product Type to " GeForce "
- Set Product Series to " GeForce 8 Series "
then you should be able to set the rest, and then download and report back.
Woops, definitely forgot the graphics card driver.

But I'm still getting the same problems. I really do think somethings up with the mobo/processor/something internal.

Direct3D accel is on, as are draw & texture accel.

Any other ideas are appreciated. Still wondering if there's a quick, (somewhat) proven way to increase the FPS for X-Men Legends 2, as it's still clunking around at 30fps and massive slowdown during gameplay (but not during cutscenes or during menus).

Which GS is the preferred one at this point? I'm on SSE2 right now.

Much thanks again for the effort.
SSSE3 will work for you.
If as you stated in your first post, you are having problems with your PC in general, you should scan it ( viruses, spam, spyware, malware, etc ) and defrag it.
Many people will tell you to overclock your processor to 3.0/3.2 GHz
Try on a couple of speedhacks and see which fits you best, and report back.
That's all the help I can give for the info you gave me.
first of all you have to make sure your pc is stable enough before overclocking anything or even before playing games.Maybe something is having conflicts check that,and just making a wild guess many crashes like the ones you have are caused either a virus or maybe a bad ram module
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Appreciate the help.

Am going to defrag soon, also going to run Memtest86+. Unless someone out there suggests something better to test the RAM out.