Newbie Q about Controller Adapters
I've been hunting over the forum for a few days since learning about PCSX2, but I've got a very simple query which I just couldn't find covered here, even in the FAQ Sad

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you need to connect a PS2 (or PS3) controller to the PC.

A quick bit of research showed a couple of items which 'seem' to fit the bill on Amazon:

www.amazon.com/PS2-PSX-PlayStation-Adapter-Converter/dp/B000F6BGXY
and
www.amazon.com/PS2-Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter/dp/B001AATQ0Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251635851&sr=1-3

I just want to make sure that this is the sort of thing I should be looking for, or not?

And are there any other little bits and pieces which I will need to get as well?

TIA

Ross.

Sponsored links

If you have a PS3 controller, all you need is a bluetooth dongle or your USB charge cable. After that, there are a couple ways to get the right drivers installed to use it.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(08-31-2009, 01:53 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: If you have a PS3 controller, all you need is a bluetooth dongle or your USB charge cable. After that, there are a couple ways to get the right drivers installed to use it.

My computer already has Bluetooth integrated, so does that mean I probably won't need anything else except the PS3 controller? Woot!

One last question... I note that you're using a 64bit version of 'doze, as am I. But from what I can find here on the forum, I thought that the 64bit drivers for the analogue PS3 controller were still not quite working right (i.e. analogue was still not implemented). I'm guessing that the PS3 controller will just work like an older one does, yes?

Thanks for the help!

Ross.
Well, I've recently come across something called Motionin Joy that has been pointed out to me by a few other users. I was finally able to get it working and confirm that it does indeed work. You can set the triggers to be analog AND motion sensor capability is functional as well, even when wired to the computer(though I'm not sure how accurate it is as it's apparently only a recent addition).

I would certainly give that a look.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I'm a newbie as well.... is there a guide to get the ps3 controller working via bluetooth or usb?
(09-03-2009, 10:40 PM)gecko Wrote: I'm a newbie as well.... is there a guide to get the ps3 controller working via bluetooth or usb?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7582.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It's not like it's in my sig or in the FAQ or anything...rofl