Newbie here got PCSX2 issue help :0?
Sad 
Old 1 Hour Ago #1 (permalink)
max029

Unhappy Newbie here got PCSX2 issue help :0?
Hi first off my name is max and nice to meet you everyone! Hopefully you guys can help me out lol Well i just downloaded PCSX2 onto my computer and ive tried running my FInal Fantasy XII disc on it ...it worked but the problem is the framerate (when playing videos or History Dialogue runs at near 60 fps) but when im in actually gameplay it stoops down to 15-22 fps tops ive tried Gdsx and followed the the guide detail by detail also i have direct x 10 but the plugin only gives me direct 9 hardware or software options if you guys have any advice i would be extremely grateful Thanks!! umm.. well here are my specs

Intel Pentium D CPU : 3.4ghz -> not sure if this is good or not?
Ram 0.99GB
Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Intel GMA 3000) -> i think this is the GPU?? lol

Games tested with: DVD of Final Fantasy XII

Sponsored links

You have a slow CPU and an even slower graphics card but you should be getting more than 22 FPS.
What are your PCSX2 and plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slwodowns?

Try the latest beta if you haven't already:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-01-2011, 04:09 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You have a slow CPU and an even slower graphics card but you should be getting more than 22 FPS.
What are your PCSX2 and plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in the game window say when you get slwodowns?

Try the latest beta if you haven't already:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
that was fast :0 um hope i give you the right info i am using
GSdx SSE2 with direct3d9 hardware default settings same thing with the other plugins such as sound etc are default
so when i am at the intro menu scene the fps is running nicely at 55-60 EE:97% roughly GS" 30% UI: 0%
Now i will go to settings for New game.. while the Knight logo is in the background and i am on the Config menu it slows down to fps:12 roughly... EE" 24% and Gs:20-25% >_< now i will go to wedding scene in the city

Oddly the beginning video in the city runs and fps up to 50-55 fps EE; 97-100% GS" 18-25% ... i will now skip to the gameplay beginning scene..

Now when the voice is talking to the unconscious guy at the castle scene ( which is in gameplay) fps is at 10 o-o... EE: 35% GS 30% ~skips to gameplay scence where tells you controls ~

fps: 10-13 EE 41% GS 55%

Hope this helped and i do have lastest PCSX2 also question why can't i use direct x 10 settings even if dxdiag says i have direct x 10 thanks!~ also im not sure what i should put for grahpics plugin config

Your card doesn't handle DirectX10 that well, even if you could somehow get to use it I wouldn't recommend it. Those other slowdowns seem to be the GS plugin, tick the "Native" checkbox in GSdx grpahics plugin and try enabling/disabling the "Allow 8-bit textures" option too.
Okay thanks again for replying! With Allow 8-bit textures on and native mode its fps went up to 18 .. EE up at 50-65% and GS 65-75%
without Allow 8-bit textures Fps : 19-20 ES:57-62% AND gs :70-80% ...

do you have any emulation recommendation settings? such a EE/IOP? and VUs? and should i use speed hacks? again thank you for your time ill be back on tomorrow gotta sleep! lol
I wouldn't really expect anything playable with a single core CPU like that, You are barely hitting 30 fps right?
[Image: 2555882.png]
Good morning! My device manager says i have 2 Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz processors so i am assuming its a duo processor :0? if so shouldn't it be running slighty faster? and Shadow Lady thanks for the replies but any more suggestions :0? i would be grateful lol ( god i hope i can Run PCSX2 on this computer) i mean ... its can run PS 1 games alright and i can play RUmble Fighter with decent speed and graphics ? Anyways let me know what you guys think Laugh lol
Hmmm, you could try using the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack, it sometimes helps with those kinds of slowdowns but i'm not sure how it'll work with this game...
Still nothing i tried everything Lol its just this PC sucks :/ i give up lol Thanks for the help Shadow Lady i really am grateful ^_^ well later