Newbie needs help with Persona 4
Hey dood, here's a link that we've been working on for P4:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2453.html
and also
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1159...-best.html

The first thing I noticed was your processor. I don't know what Kalabal is smokin' =P, but I can't imagine people getting full fps, LET ALONE making it look better than the ps2, if you don't have your processor overclocked to AT LEAST 3.6ghz. I have an E8400 at 3.0ghz, and even I don't get full fps in the dungeons (though I get full fps in cutscenes and the opening sequence you have problems with).

I've listed my specs and plugins and other members have helpfully donated to this wealth of knowledge in the threads. Basically I used GSdx's latest; and also the most important for persona is DAZ hack (very very important), and also for sound I had ZeroSPU 4.6 which works great for me.

But as I've hit before, I am worried about the processor (PCsx2 can be more demanding than Crysis at times [rolls eyes]). Hopefully a pro can help you with that (or you'll find a helpful post in one of the threads); gl
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja

Sponsored links

(01-02-2009, 06:35 AM)antipunt Wrote: Hey dood, here's a link that we've been working on for P4:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2453.html
and also
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1159...-best.html

The first thing I noticed was your processor. I don't know what Kalabal is smokin' =P, but I can't imagine people getting full fps, LET ALONE making it look better than the ps2, if you don't have your processor overclocked to AT LEAST 3.6ghz. I have an E8400 at 3.0ghz, and even I don't get full fps in the dungeons (though I get full fps in cutscenes and the opening sequence you have problems with).

I've listed my specs and plugins and other members have helpfully donated to this wealth of knowledge in the threads. Basically I used GSdx's latest; and also the most important for persona is DAZ hack (very very important), and also for sound I had ZeroSPU 4.6 which works great for me.

But as I've hit before, I am worried about the processor (PCsx2 can be more demanding than Crysis at times [rolls eyes]). Hopefully a pro can help you with that (or you'll find a helpful post in one of the threads); gl

Much appreciated Antipunt but I thoroughly read those forums and any others I can find before I bought the game!
Dude I am literally a breathe away from getting it right! I switched to ZeroSPU 4.6 and when time scaling is off I get roughly 80, maybe 90% speed! BUT I get some sort of reverb or echo type effect which screws it up a bit... With Time Scaling on there is no change in my results...
AMD Turion64 x2 2.0GHz
3Gbs RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7150m / 630i 128Mb VRAM (512 with Shared)
Windows XP Media Center
(mind you it's a laptop)
Sound stretching was fixed in most recent playground version. As for ZerogS flickering - bilinear filtering should be on and interplacing mode should be on (well, press F5 and see).
(01-02-2009, 10:06 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Sound stretching was fixed in most recent playground version. As for ZerogS flickering - bilinear filtering should be on and interplacing mode should be on (well, press F5 and see).

I tried all that, I get the flicker either way at the title screen.
Even at the Main Menu you I get a steady flicker with ZeroGS...
I actually am getting reduced performance now!
GSdx just seems to works better either way...
You mentioned in your other post that too much load is on the sound, so what plugin and setup should I use to reduce it?
Mind you this whole time my CPU in the task manager is rarely over 60% so I know I can push that farther...
AMD Turion64 x2 2.0GHz
3Gbs RAM
Windows XP Media Center
(mind you it's a laptop)
Well, if you not forget to turn on MGTS mode, than never could be done for more balancing load. Maybe lilypad plugin could be load into GS thread (there is an option for this plugin). I prefer ZeroSPU -- and no options checked. Sound cripled, but speed good. And overall ZeroGS got a better texture handling that GSDX 9, but for you it could be some sort of drivers incompatibility.
(01-02-2009, 10:28 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Well, if you not forget to turn on MGTS mode, than never could be done for more balancing load. Maybe lilypad plugin could be load into GS thread (there is an option for this plugin). I prefer ZeroSPU -- and no options checked. Sound cripled, but speed good. And overall ZeroGS got a better texture handling that GSDX 9, but for you it could be some sort of drivers incompatibility.

MGTS is enabled as listed in my first post...
I'm sitting here in front of Igor as I type this and it does not go over 80% in the Task Manager...
I truly feel I can squeeze more out of this!
AMD Turion64 x2 2.0GHz
3Gbs RAM
Windows XP Media Center
(mind you it's a laptop)
You could not. 80 = 50 + 30. And 50 is maximum for each core. pcsx2 using 2 threads, each of them use one core, and it's impossible to run faster that maximum speed of this core. So the only way to get 100% -- have balancing load, that means that GS thread and EE thread have same load, and this is almost impossible.
(01-02-2009, 10:35 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: You could not. 80 = 50 + 30. And 50 is maximum for each core. pcsx2 using 2 threads, each of them use one core, and it's impossible to run faster that maximum speed of this core. So the only way to get 100% -- have balancing load, that means that GS thread and EE thread have same load, and this is almost impossible.

I see... So then have I peaked out on this laptop?
If only there was a way to shut off the Time Scaling in the audio without breaking it...
AMD Turion64 x2 2.0GHz
3Gbs RAM
Windows XP Media Center
(mind you it's a laptop)
I have done a complete rehash of most of my settings, I now can achieve 60Fps in several areas, mind you I am only saved at the evening of the second day so I haven't done much exploration, but so far it seems whenever I am in one scene too long it will start out at 60Fps for several seconds, (maybe even a half minute or so) but then deteriorate till it hits roughly 37Fps(60%)... I get a lot of afterimages when the characters move in certain environments this seems especially pronounced outside, although I have experienced it in the classroom... It is not experienced at all in the Do jima residence...
I still only get 37Fps (60%) on FMVs...

Rehashed settings:
Playstation Playground 1.0.0395
Cpu:
all boxes checked, vu skip= 0 limit, below 40 skip, 0 consecutive before skip, 8 frames to skip
Graphics:
GSdx 883 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.13
Windowed, Direct3D9 (Hardware), Pixel Shader 2.0, No Interlacing, 4:3 Aspect, Native checked, NLOOP Greyed, Alpha Checked, Logarithmic checked, Texture Filtering Checked (the rest unchecked)
Sound:
SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0
Nearest Interpolation, Xaudio, Latency 104ms Time stretching checked (the rest unchecked)
Cdvdrom drive:
Linuzapps Iso CDVD 0.7.0 (running off Iso in hopes for speed increases and an unstable DVD Drive)
USA Bios
Speedhacks:
Disable Underflow checked, Disable extra VU flags
Advanced:
All Boxes checked, all options set to Chop / Zero
No Gamefixes or Hacks

These are the settings that are working best so far after trying everything listed in this topic. (the x2 speedhacks give me a lower average fps, and so far this sound plugin is working the best for both speed and quality) So if anyone has any ideas besides what's already been posted in this topic, then please share them with me!
I'd prefer the full speed FMVs to the speed bursts in game...
AMD Turion64 x2 2.0GHz
3Gbs RAM
Windows XP Media Center
(mind you it's a laptop)
If you guys are on still on it, you may of some help to me to..

My current settings are:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core (AMD Optimizer installed)
4000+
2.11 GHz

Ram: 2GB

Grafik: ATI Radeon 2600 Pro HD (512MB version)

Sound: Sounblaster Live 24Bit

Software: Win XP; Servicepack 3

Pcsx2_Pg settings:

Grafik: Gsdx 883(MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.13
-Direct3d9(Hardware)
-Pixel Shader 3.0
-Interlacing; None
-D3D internal res; Nativ
-NLOOP hack; grey
-Texture filtering; checked
-Wait vsync; unchecked
-Logarithmic z; checked
-Alpha correction (FBA); checked

Sound: ZeroSpu2 0.4.6
-Time Scaling; checked
-Real Time mode; checked

Cdvdrom; Linuzapps Iso CDVD 0.7.0

Bios USA v01.60(07/02/2002)

Prozessor settings:

All checked;
Framelimiting; checked and set on 60 FPS

no patches, no gamefixes

Speed hack; all checked expedt Sync Hack (x3)
[give a fps boost about 6-14 fps]

Advanced;
All checked and all set to chop/zero.

Actually the game runs on 49 to 60 fps in intro
and 30 to 60 fps in game (30 fps for eg. at classroom)

Anything else left to try to get some mor fps out of it?
Or is it my Hardware?