Newbie needs help with Persona 4
I didn't use 16x AA (actually i used no AA-for zerogs).
I use the dx10 version of Gsdx and works flawlessly except some small graphic gliches here and there (sometimes....usual problem with persona 3)
Laptop
c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home

Desktop
AMD X2 4800+ @3.1Ghz (o/c)
Ram 3.5gb DDR2 667 @750mhz (o/c)
Nvidia 8800GT
Windows XP Sp3 Professional

Sponsored links

I get similar results with GSDX dx10 and ZeroGS in all my games as long as I have my settings right. dx9 has performance drops. It usually comes down to which plugin produces less graphical problems. Both plugins do well on Final Fantasy 10 & 12, Gsdx interlace modes do better with screen shaking on Disgaea 2, and ZeroGS has less texture problems on Shin Megami Tenseis, for example.

In practice though, I don't think the above is universally true, since in some cases graphic card power and/or compatibility might limit the performance of a plugin. I don't know about the CPU/GPU usage differences in ZeroGS and GSDX so I can't be sure. Tongue

EDIT: The SSE mode you're using with GSDX might probably be a cause for differences. I use SSE41 with my card.

Anyway, keep any opinions coming. The more material we have, the better chances people will have to get some good performances. If you think some configuration doesn't work well, it would be helpful if you supply us with the alternative which worked best for you.
Well, "glitches" could have 2 roots: glitches from FPU errors (rounding's is still far for being perfect). It lead to well-known P3 floor trouble or for P3 missing person on "message" window. And there sometimes plugin's glitches -- for all new ATLUS-programmed game GSDX still have a lager portion of this. For example, floor glitch look funny but usable for ZeroGS and on some systems GSDX draw all-collored polygons here.

P4 seems to be more emulator friendly (at least there is less FPU errors).

And about speed. At normal case all GS plugins made the similar job: put textures in videomemory and give data to shaders programs (well yes, and movies). At average, they do it with the same speed, and usualy quicker than EE part.
I use also the SSE41 ver.
Might be some hardware differences then....
The more opinions the best.
Thanks Zeydlitz for your well written explanation!
Laptop
c2d centrino 2 [email protected]
3gb Ram
Nvidia 9600M GT
Windows Vista Home

Desktop
AMD X2 4800+ @3.1Ghz (o/c)
Ram 3.5gb DDR2 667 @750mhz (o/c)
Nvidia 8800GT
Windows XP Sp3 Professional
(01-08-2009, 04:18 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: P4 seems to be more emulator friendly (at least there is less FPU errors).

I in no way doubt your statement (as you are hands down, much more computer savy). But doesn't it just SUCK that although P4 is more 'emulator friendly', that it gets a much less stable FPS than P3 Glare
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja
I've been reading some posts here trying to get my computer to run P4 faster. I get fantastic FPS outside battles aside from Junes and the Shopping District, but when I enter battles I get knocked down to 30 FPS or less. Frame skipping doesn't work for me and I dont want it to. I know don't know much about computers, but at a glance it seems like what I have should run things as well as people who get much better fps than me. Can anyone confirm this?

64 bit Vista
2.20 GHz AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor
6 gigs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Using the regular Playground my settings are
GSDx10 0.1.4 both checked
Everything on the left in CPU and Limit checked
Speed Hacks, the speed setting
Advanced, Chop, Flush and Denormals checked on both sides.

Help would be appreciated.
Sorry, this seems to be the maximum for your computer. It's already quite fast for a phenom clocked so low.
The only real way to get it faster now is a hefty cpu overclock. You need to know for yourself if you want that Tongue2
(Also note that I expect a maximum gain of 15fps in battles..)
(01-09-2009, 03:23 AM)Ranzell Wrote: I've been reading some posts here trying to get my computer to run P4 faster. I get fantastic FPS outside battles aside from Junes and the Shopping District, but when I enter battles I get knocked down to 30 FPS or less. Frame skipping doesn't work for me and I dont want it to. I know don't know much about computers, but at a glance it seems like what I have should run things as well as people who get much better fps than me. Can anyone confirm this?

64 bit Vista
2.20 GHz AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor
6 gigs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Using the regular Playground my settings are
GSDx10 0.1.4 both checked
Everything on the left in CPU and Limit checked
Speed Hacks, the speed setting
Advanced, Chop, Flush and Denormals checked on both sides.

Help would be appreciated.

I gotta say, 64-bit vista can't be helping your situation at all... you have the RAM but you really don't have the cpu... I gotta agree with rama, over-clocking with proper cooling is in order!
AMD Turion64 x2 2.0GHz
3Gbs RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7150m / 630i 128Mb VRAM (512 with Shared)
Windows XP Media Center
(mind you it's a laptop)
My fellow Persona 4 users Laugh

A question on GSdx:

So I have Directx10 configured to run on Windows XP and have been for some time (because I didn't want Vista), tried to use GSdx graphic plugin and it tells me to downgrade to Dx9 which I do not want to, am I SOL? Tried Hardware, Software and Null on Direct3D9 & Direct3D10.

I can say that ZeroGS does work but I wanted to try GSdx to see if it runs iso's better since I am only getting mainly 30fps but it jumps around 30-70~80fps(Only for a second)
(I'm sensing a case of obvious bottlenecking)

On PS2 Output it always seems to say: "ZeroGS: Invalid unpack type"
On cofigurations for ZeroGS KOSMOS, everything is off except 4X AA

Is there any workarounds to get it working?
Quote:So I have Directx10 configured to run on Windows XP and have been for some time (because I didn't want Vista), tried to use GSdx graphic plugin and it tells me to downgrade to Dx9 which I do not want to, am I SOL? Tried Hardware, Software and Null on Direct3D9 & Direct3D10.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3183
Thread about 4 threads down the listing from the one you posted...seriously,do a bloody search.
[Image: newsig.jpg]