Newbies need help!
Hello, just speaking for myself now but I know there are more out there who also need help. My question to the experts or any knowledgeable beings, I am new to the Playstation2/computer emulator which by the way is awesome! I need help all the way around (im not asking for any files) just mainly configurations. I have the PCSX2 0.9.7 and I cant finish configuring it becuase the bios field is empty. I dont know what I need but if someone could please help me that would be great.

Sponsored links

You need to extract the bios from your own ps2. You can read more about it(and everything else) in the configuration guide.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-6
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(01-14-2011, 11:37 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: You need to extract the bios from your own ps2. You can read more about it(and everything else) in the configuration guide.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-6

Thanks im reading it now, this is very confusing but I know being what the law says you cant explain much about where to locate these files exactly so. How long did it take you to get everything up and going? because I am finding this very difficult, and since some of these torrent cant be garanteed that makes it even more tiring.
Basically its very simple, if you dont own ps2 you cant legally use pcsx2, because you dont have the rights to the bios.
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
(01-15-2011, 01:00 AM)vdgamer Wrote: Basically its very simple, if you dont own ps2 you cant legally use pcsx2, because you dont have the rights to the bios.

I do own a PS2 but im new to computers so I got the programs that i need to extract the bios but i dont know how, im using a USB connection so whats next? what do i do with the biosdumper do i copy it over to the PS2 or do I just tranfer the files over and how do i find the bios files?