Nightly build opens, but has no functionality
(05-30-2023, 06:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Can't see the screenshots.
Please put them on a pic hosting site and post the link here
Imgur isnt working with the image insert for some reason so I'll just paste the link

https://imgur.com/gallery/m4EndsO

Sponsored links

Well I guess I'll just give up for now, hopefully I won't have this problem when the stable qt build releases. This seems like it should be a simple fix and is extremely frustrating
(06-05-2023, 01:24 AM)E-gag Wrote: Well I guess I'll just give up for now, hopefully I won't have this problem when the stable qt build releases. This seems like it should be a simple fix and is extremely frustrating

i don't think it'll be.
what if you hit reset default settings ?
and, btw, i don't think there's an English version for Berserk Millenium Falcon. WHich means you patched it, and probably busted it too.
try withouth applying translation patch
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-05-2023, 06:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: i don't think it'll be.
what if you hit reset default settings ?
and, btw, i don't think there's an English version for Berserk Millenium Falcon. WHich means you patched it, and probably busted it too.
try withouth applying translation patch

I don't see how putting the already default settings on default will help but I guess I'll try it. And while there isn't an official english release there are fan translation patches that have been used for years without issue, I didn't patch it myself, that game functions perfectly on the stable build, AND that isn't the only game I've tried it with, like I said before the whole point of me switching to nightly was to fix dmc3, which I've long since decided to play the pc version of instead. I didn't "bust" anything, thanks
Quote: I didn't patch it myself, that game functions perfectly on the stable build
there you have your answer, then.
use stable build, or ask the patch creator, or play the translated game on your PS2 (i think it has been made to run orimarily on your console, anyways

we only support vanilla version.
(06-07-2023, 03:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: there you have your answer, then.
use stable build, or ask the patch creator, or play the translated game on your PS2 (i think it has been made to run orimarily on your console, anyways

we only support vanilla version.

Dude, what? The only reason I had berserk in that folder was because its the smallest game I had so it took less time to copy. I have the vanilla version of dmc3 and have tried that with the nightly build, which was my original issue. San Andreas too, also vanilla, does not work with the nightly. Not to mention that literally every other part of the app doesn't work anyway. I don't even know why you asked for a screenshot of my game folder, (which I had to manually make), it seems pointless given I can't even run the bios.

I'm not asking for support on anything non-vanilla. The nightly build simply closes when I attempt to do anything beyond controller config, whether the game folder exists or not, whether the games in the folder are vanilla or not, it just closes. THAT is what I'm asking for help about

Fresh install of the latest build, as vanilla as can be.
(06-05-2023, 06:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what if you hit reset default settings ?

The settings do not open. Every option except for the controller config just closes the app. I don't know how to be clearer on that.
do you have a crashdump next to pcsx2 ?
if so, can you attach it ?
(06-07-2023, 06:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: do you have a crashdump next to pcsx2 ?
if so, can you attach it ?

No, there's no crashdump.
did you update your igpu drivers ?