No DX11 option, yet I can run DX11 games
When I go into GSDX, it simply doesn't show up either dx10 or dx11 for my graphics card.
[Image: zrgayxz.png]
However, I can play games that require dx11 and have no dx9/dx10 api (such as Saints Row 4)
[Image: rjboYZw.gif]
This is obviously some sort of bug, either with gsdx or something else. What can I do to fix it? or is there a way to force gsdx to run in dx11 regardless of what it thinks it can use?
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764

Sponsored links

Have you updated your graphics drivers and Directx?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
GPUz is reading the card capabilities but to be able to use it all parts must comply, as to say, Windows, DirectX (actualized) and the card.

Besides, being able to run DirectX 11 would do no good for a game using only DirectX 9 or 10 for example. This is only informative and unrelated with the current case, please provide more details about your system as a whole.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The only thing that isn't 100% up to date is the graphics drivers. I installed these when they were the latest thing out there, and I'm currently uploading something to youtube for the next 11 hours so I can't install the whql ones to see if that makes a difference (even tho they were released like less than two weeks later or so)

Direct x is always updated simply by using steam, especially sometimes when you're not sure if it installed everything and you redownload the full install of dx to cover your bases, heh

(01-24-2014, 12:22 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: GPUz is reading the card capabilities but to be able to use it all parts must comply, as to say, Windows, DirectX (actualized) and the card.

Besides, being able to run DirectX 11 would do no good for a game using only DirectX 9 or 10 for example. This is only informative and unrelated with the current case, please provide more details about your system as a whole.

Well, you can see in my signature my major specs, and in the GPUz image it states I'm running windows 8.1 x64. In case you have sigs off or something

So far it doesn't seem like the gsdx version matters, no version seems to accurately report it. I'm not sure what you mean by the direct x thing. Some games require you to run in DX11 only and that has no issues. For gsdx to report otherwise seems weird and incorrect.

Dxdiag also shows full dx11 compat aside from using non whql drivers (which makes little difference, whql just means windows approved)
[Image: kGqZd2b.png]
(01-24-2014, 12:23 AM)Gvaz Wrote: The only thing that isn't 100% up to date is the graphics drivers. I installed these when they were the latest thing out there, and I'm currently uploading something to youtube for the next 11 hours so I can't install the whql ones to see if that makes a difference (even tho they were released like less than two weeks later or so)

Direct x is always updated simply by using steam, especially sometimes when you're not sure if it installed everything and you redownload the full install of dx to cover your bases, heh

Wrong, the DirectX from Steam are not granted to be up to date, actually they are the ones used in the game's making.

The industry will not hurry to use the last deployment because it would prevent most users being able to play, even PC games which have DirectX 11 capabilities do provide 9.c support yet.

The only way to grant you have the most recent version is getting it directly from MicroSoft.

Remember, the plugin made with the last SDK will NOT work with previous runtime versions, the contrary is true, newer runtime has backward compatibility with older SDKs.

PCSX2 plugins use the last SDK version whenever it's released. What all this means is, getting the really last runtime version of DirectX from MS will do only good for you.

Edit for cleanness: applications made with newer SDKs don't effectively work with older runtime, it's a system imposition, as yourself saw it does not even show up.

Besides, newer runtimes are allowed to run programs made with older SDKs, but Windows 7 and Win 8 yet more incentive having the matched version for each application on the SysWOW, a politics which Steam follows to the letter to try and reduce issues at max.
(01-24-2014, 12:31 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Wrong, the DirectX from Steam are not granted to be up to date, actually they are the one used in the game's making.

The industry will not hurry to use the last deployment because it would prevent most users being able to play, even PC games which have DirectX 11 capabilities do provide 9.c support yet.

The only way to grant you have the most recent version is getting it directly from MicroSoft.

Remember, the plugin made with the last SDK will NOT work with previous runtime versions, the contrary is true, newer runtime has backward compatibility with older SDKs.

PCSX2 plugins use the last SDK version whenever it's released. What all this means is, getting the really last runtime version of DirectX from MS will do only good for you.
I know this, and I stated I've done a manual install before, but I'll do so again just for ***** and giggles.

edit: "DirectX has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary"
(01-24-2014, 12:35 AM)Gvaz Wrote: I know this, and I stated I've done a manual install before, but I'll do so again just for ***** and giggles.

edit: "DirectX has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary"

Well, now we can be sure the problem is elsewhere, but since it's an AMD/ATI graphics card, better letting someone more acquainted with them to tell the last word.

Edit: About GSDX telling something, it's not what happens, like softwares in development have several "builds", the same happens with DX, what was meant above is something in the line: If GSDX was compiled with the last "build" of DX SDK, DX itself will allow only the same build or above on the runtime to run. It's DX itself which dictates it, not the plugin.
download this. afaik it's excluded from windows 8.
What revision of GSDX do you have selected in your plugin selection screen?

Also please make sure you are using the latest SVN, that one is 3 months old now. http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

If may also be worth deleting all your plugin and ini folders just to be sure there isn't a freak setting causing a problem.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

dabore if that's dxwebsetup it's not excluded from Windows 8 or 8.1 since I always use that program to update my directx.