No Nvidia Hack in v. 1.4.0
Personally I don't think the hack should have been removed unless the issue had been fully resolved which it clearly wasn't. That's all I'm gonna say on the issue.

Sponsored links

(02-07-2016, 11:15 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: Personally I don't think the hack should have been removed unless the issue had been fully resolved which it clearly wasn't. That's all I'm gonna say on the issue.

IT WAS NOT REMOVED, the fix is built into gsdx, did you not read what i have said  multiple times? there is no check box for it cause there is no reason to have check box when it automatically enabled as a internal fix. it done this way cause some people could fiqure out how to enabled it in first place.

The zooming issue is no longer an issue, and the texture flashing have anything to do with zooming issue or it fix, if the zooming fix cause other problems it wouldnt of been applied internally and removed from the hack section.

Again the hack was not removed it done internal.
I said I wasn't gonna say anything more but obviously I'm making an exception here.

If you've ever played under DX11 then you would know certain games that benefited from the Nvidia hack still flicker periodically. Which is why I said it never should have been removed unless the issue had been fully resolved and since you don't seem to have the slightest clue as to what this flickering is I'll tell you it's caused from the frame stretching issues that the Nvidia hack addressed.

So I have no doubt that what the op is saying is true and I think your way of providing support is pretty bad.
Something you can try -

Can you try copying the GSdx plugin of 1.4.0 and putting it in your plugin folder of 1.2.1 (make sure you back up the old GSdx plugin), and then run PCSX2 and select the new plugin that you just pasted.

Apply the NVIDIA Hack in 1.2.1 and see if the issue still gets fixed. If it does, then that means the built-in NVIDIA hack isn't recognizing the game for whatever reason. (Possibly because it's missing from the Database like I mentioned, or it's somehow a regression entirely in the later versions).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(02-07-2016, 11:57 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Something you can try -

Can you try copying the GSdx plugin of 1.4.0 and putting it in your plugin folder of 1.2.1 (make sure you back up the old GSdx plugin), and then run PCSX2 and select the new plugin that you just pasted.

Apply the NVIDIA Hack in 1.2.1 and see if the issue still gets fixed. If it does, then that means the built-in NVIDIA hack isn't recognizing the game for whatever reason. (Possibly because it's missing from the Database like I mentioned, or it's somehow a regression entirely in the later versions).

I don't think that would work as the NVIDIA hack is part of GSdx, so using the GSdx plugin from 1.4.0 would not have the option to enable it anymore as it's enabled by default.
Yeah, the Nvidia hack is a part of the GSDX plugin. you need to check whether it works any better using the older version of GSDX on the latest development build of PCSX2. not the other way around.

Quote:If you've ever played under DX11 then you would know certain games that benefited from the Nvidia hack still flicker periodically. Which is why I said it never should have been removed unless the issue had been fully resolved

Original Poster Wrote:Tried the OpenGL (hardware) back-end, but it still has the same flickering as DX11 (hardware)

doesn't seem like an issue with the Nvidia hack as OpenGL also seems to be influenced by the flickering. The Nvidia Hack is only intended for the D3D11 (hardware mode).
Oh my bad then. Disregard my previous post.

I thought it was integrated into the main PCSX2 client. Sad
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(02-07-2016, 11:53 PM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I said I wasn't gonna say anything more but obviously I'm making an exception here.

If you've ever played under DX11 then you would know certain games that benefited from the Nvidia hack still flicker periodically. Which is why I said it never should have been removed unless the issue had been fully resolved and since you don't seem to have the slightest clue as to what this flickering is I'll tell you it's caused from the frame stretching issues that the Nvidia hack addressed.

So I have no doubt that what the op is saying is true and I think your way of providing support is pretty bad.

the texture flickering is not by product of the nvidia fix.... do you not understand that? it pcxs2 either regeression or driver issue with NVIDIA, which already stated Nvidia has push driver updates that cause flickering in pcsx2. as seeing as i not seeing any texture flicker in either im inclinded to think nvidia fudged something.

*edit*
Now i just tested the Most current Git build and the Nvidia Fix works just fine, There would be zooming in and out of image, on VP2 if the fix didnt work, which it built in to pcsx2 at this point there for there is no checkable box for it anymore. and it fine, there is also no Texture flickering in dx11 or opengl on any the games i just tested either

Not to mention Nvidia FIX for the zooming in and out DIDNT work for all games there was handfull of games it didnt stop the zooming in and out issue,

Nvidia fix only fixed the zooming in and out, it has no bearing texture flickering and the Zooming in and issue is fixed in DX11 all the game have the did it DONT zoom in and out. neither do i see Texture flickering in DX11 or OpenGL on any of my games.

there is reason why i dont play around with nvidia driver updates anymore they tend to cause issue in pcsx2
So I tried it 1.4.0 out today and set everything same like in my older 1.3.1 version. I played Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and it had the stretching/zooming bug (whatever it's called, you know what i mean). This didn't happen in version 1.3.1 where i could just set a tick to the Nvidia Hack option. And I know it's built in but for me it doesn't seem to work... Maybe it's just working for some people in the way it's supposed to work? Any fixes yet?
The nvidia hack is disabled if you turn the Sprite hack on, so you will need to turn that off.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]