No interlacing codes
(05-07-2020, 02:07 PM)Runner Wrote: Ok, so I installed CheatEngine and after going through the tutorial, I'm trying to find hexstring 08004264 or a 4 byte value 64420008 for Need for Speed Underground 2 US SLUS_210.65 CRC = 0xF5C7B45F but it's not finding either.  So if it's using a different value, where would I start?

NFSU2 doesn't shake, because it uses a full size framebuffer. The shaking you are seeing is a bug caused by pcsx2's upscaling.

Sponsored links

Request
Shin Sangoku Musou 2 Mushouden-CRC 8A402027 (SLPM-65170)
Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Mushouden-CRC 3CEB6582 (SLPM-65377)
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Mushouden-CRC 3A4AC047 (SLPM-66101)
Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Xtreme Legends-CRC 976BE857

I found that the deinterlacing code of many games is only applicable to PCSX2. I have tested it on a real machine, and many of them are invalid. Musou games can be used on the actual machine, can someone help me? I think all of the games I listed above are of the same type, and there is a certain range of jitter, and the font is the most obvious.
Hello! I just found out about these patches recently and I really appreciate the work that's being done here!

I have *few* requests if anyone's feeling froggy. Thanks in advance for any!

(all NTSC-U except for Michigan: Report From Hell which is PAL)

Armored Core: Silent Line
Armored Core 3
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance
Bombastic
Bujingai: The Forsaken City
Chulip
Cocoto Fishing Master
Crimson Sea 2
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse
Dead to Rights
Disgaea 2
Downhill Domination
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Flipnic
Haven: Call of the King
Jade Cocoon 2
The Mark of Kri
Michigan: Report From Hell
Onimusha: Warlords
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Reel Fishing III
Shadow of Rome
Spartan: Total Warrior
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
Tsugunai: Atonement
Twisted Metal: Black
Twisted Metal: Head-On
War of the Monsters
Wild Arms 3
Wild Arms: Alter Code F
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land
XGIII: Extreme G Racing
Partial code for Mortal kombat Shaolin Monks 3d / menus ok, but videos, 2d loading screen broken  *run in HW mode , only videos flicker.
*Updated code Here >>>>> Post

Bujingai (Undub) - SLUS_208.95 - CRC = 521D40D2

UPDATE MAY 3 2021 : Code updated new features Here >>>>>
ikki tousen shining dragon - SLPS_257.98 - CRC = 9E98B8AE

Shadow of Rome - SLUS_209.02 - CRC = 57818AF6

Attached Files
.pnach   521D40D2.pnach (Size: 76 bytes / Downloads: 215)
.pnach   9E98B8AE.pnach (Size: 206 bytes / Downloads: 140)
.pnach   57818AF6.pnach (Size: 78 bytes / Downloads: 320)
Ryzen 3400g / a300 mini / 2x4gb 2933 / ssd 256
Devil m. cry Codes \ Blog code stories
OLD No Inter. Basic Tutorial /

Thanks for the Bujingai and Shadow of Rome patches felixthecat1970! Those are both working great! I've marked those off the list.
Valkyrie profile 2 SLES_546.44 CRC = 0x04CCB600 here my partial findings:
Code:
//no interleacing (no forget in PCSX2 interlacing option to "none")
patch=1,EE,00122e14,word,64420000 //64420008
patch=1,EE,0012307c,word,64420000 //64420008
patch=1,EE,0011FB40,word,DC201000 // DC221000 ld v0,0x1000(at)
for people want to test apply Maori-Jigglypuff valkyrie cheat Thread here
or you game will crash some minutes because game protection.

UPDATE APRIL 10 2021

Valkyrie profile 2 SLES_546.44 CRC = 0x04CCB600
+sharp framebuffer - nop interleacing
!Require you apply to .pnach Maori-Jigglypuff Disable Game Protection code or game will crash, check this thread from Here Thread here
!Use Fast Boot enabled or codes will write bios and game will crash
*If use internal resolution for fix upscaling bug enable PCSX2 > Config > Video(GS) > plugin settings > "Enable HW Hacks" > upscaling Hacks > Half-pixel Offset = "Normal Vertex"
-FMV Sttuter / Speed UP (PCSX2 Bug)
-in HW screen transition to battle looks little gliched (PCSX2 Bug) (SW looks ok)
-rare times screen blink out size 1 frame fast, mostly cutscenes (Because custom code, requiere more polish)
*USA version go here https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid618766

This is a new working code from old post, game has a nice sharp framebuffer, but random memory usage so any code change would get destroyed, learning mips basics and build custom code for it bypass this.
This game was really hard more that USA version, game write from many instructions values making blink out proportions because clean framebuffers have different sizes before stretch to video output, it require more polish the code but i need more mips learning, also i find native progresive code but looks is a leftover japanese -usa game code the game crash or have overlap textures if enabled; meanwhile is playable but only tested to dungeons still is no guarantee run ok long play.
this code can be easily ported to other game versions, spain, france, italy but it need a code to disable "codeguard first", maybe Maori-Jigglypuff can port his code to this editions or someone take the challenge.

Go for the .pnach file code here https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid618924
Ryzen 3400g / a300 mini / 2x4gb 2933 / ssd 256
Devil m. cry Codes \ Blog code stories
OLD No Inter. Basic Tutorial /

Requesting

Pac-Man World 2 SLUS_202.24 CRC = 0x047D8AA6

This is for the original black label version
Requesting if possible

Wild Arms 3 SCUS_972.03;1
Game CRC 0x06441001

It has a really bad shake. I'm wondering if it will look better without interlacing, the GSDX interlace doesn't do justice to this game.

Edit: I can supply the game if needed i legally own it.
(05-10-2020, 10:48 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: NFSU2 doesn't shake, because it uses a full size framebuffer. The shaking you are seeing is a bug caused by pcsx2's upscaling.

Thanks PsxFan!

I'm not seeing shaking but a general blurryness of the cars in the menus or or while driving. So is that what you mean is caused by the pcsx2 upscaling?
(05-18-2020, 01:09 AM)Runner Wrote: Thanks PsxFan!

I'm not seeing shaking but a general blurryness of the cars in the menus or or while driving.  So is that what you mean is caused by the pcsx2 upscaling?
That wasn't what I was talking about (was probably just a bug on my end). What you are describing has nothing to do with interlacing. It sounds like a post-processing effect is being either over-saturated or applied in error.