No interlacing codes
(06-28-2022, 12:24 AM)Kimi 123 Wrote: I have been having a issue with never build off pcsx2

trying to run Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 with a progressive scan cheat causes the game to crash after the first in-game cutscene and there is also no audio during in-game cutscenes (pre rendered cutscenes work fine)

The last version off pcsx2 that wokred was 1.7.2840
I have attached the progressive scan code and log file for pcsx2 version 1.7.2840 and 1.7.2841

Sorry if this post is hard to understand, english isn't my native language

not worry, that code uses old method for progressive scan, i will look this some days with reworked code.

Sponsored links

(06-29-2022, 02:31 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: not worry, that code uses old method for progressive scan, i will look this some days with reworked code.

Thank you
There is also this progressive scan code for Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga 1 which was made by the same person
It seems to be working fine so far (i haven't tested it much) but it also uses an old method for pregressive scan
Code:
//gametitle = Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga
//comment=Progressive Scan Mode (Altimor)
patch=1,EE,002D1558,word,00000000 // NOP out old interlaced field switch
patch=1,EE,002D5060,word,00000000 // prevent effects from getting misaligned when entering menus
patch=1,EE,002EFD7C,word,24110000 // addiu $s1, 0, 0x00 Patch sceGsResetGraph arguments to set 480p
patch=1,EE,002EFD80,word,24120050 // addiu $s2, 0, 0x50
patch=1,EE,002EFD84,word,24020001 // addiu $s3, 0, 0x01
Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga 2 (USA) / (Undub v1.0.0) SLUS_211.52;1) Game CRC = 0xD382C164
+ reworked code no-interleacing
+ turn off blur gameplay
!!! use MTVU option for better performance in 3x+ resolutions

Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Saga (USA) / (Undub v1.0.2) SLUS_209.74;1) Game CRC = 0xD7273511
+ reworked code no-interleacing
+ turn off blur gameplay
!!! use MTVU option for better performance in 3x+ resolutions

not using here the progressive scan code because this game  is a "field rendered" game it means by deveplopment, performance programing, effects  etc the game render half size image 1 interval scan then other half sized frame next interval example image atached, enabling progressive scan leave image size to 512x224 (instead NTSC 512x448), with  code image run in normal NTSC mode it woul look the same as running with progressive scan mode, also testing old code or new code in real hardware the image will show half screen like image atached. before work because PCSX2 extend the image 224 > 448, but due this type of games  with interleacing custom fucntions maybe use for some performance or effects, trying to bypass this function can lead to bugs or crash; apart i find parameters to turn off blur from register test and let me know if work ok, recomended to play in hw mode 2x+ for better image clarity.

why other code still work? because old PCSX2 has many bugs or incorrected parameters undiscovered years ago, now PCSX2 is constantly worked and fixed correcting old bugs too emulating accuracy more alike ps2 hardware, so keep in mind many patches take advantage of unknow bugs in old code of PCSX2 emulator versions, new fixed a correct emulation parameters is discovered and fixed and old codes hacks like this can fail o crash, or maybe can miss effects or generate unknow bugs to. a example for "no interleacing" now i recommend no using the sceHalfoffset function" because new emulation fixes i find this scehalfoffset function is a incorrect hack, but lucky no-interleacing codes or "image enhacement" it should be named know has many ways to be enable or discovered withow using this old method, anyway this game no have this function, it has a custom made function (hard) the old code available alter custom fuction with progresive function working old PCSX2 version due the recent fixes and accuracy in PCSX2 the hack not work or can lead to crash, debugging fuction and correct parameters led game dispaly withow up>down>up image when deinterleacing option "automatic" set to "none" .

WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth (USA) SLUS_204.83;1) Game CRC = 0xB0AE1898
WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth (Europe) SLES_512.83;1) Game CRC = 0xD1D97A29
+no interleacing
***correct some parameters
***test and let me know if work ok.

example image with real internal progressive mode enabled for this type of games (miss half image) and strech to upperhalf and show same in real hardware, PCSX2 can display the available image because disable black part in a 512x224 for this game

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   D382C164.pnach (Size: 323 bytes / Downloads: 131)
.pnach   B0AE1898.pnach (Size: 217 bytes / Downloads: 96)
.pnach   D1D97A29.pnach (Size: 222 bytes / Downloads: 87)
.pnach   D7273511.pnach (Size: 444 bytes / Downloads: 133)
Thank you so much, the new code works
what about a new no interlace code for MK Shaolin Monks NTSC?
(07-01-2022, 02:57 AM)Vermilli0n_Fury Wrote: what about a new no interlace code for MK Shaolin Monks NTSC?

that game is one´s uses interleacing for many tasks, trying disabling or bypass can lead to bugs, partial results etc, old code in thread leave main gameplay withow jumping image but other elements flicker (menu, bars, ) etc, disabling function cap framerate and quality frame, bypass it halves the framepacing (code available last year); in the end using deinterleacing "automatic" is better and looks same like using this partial codes.
(07-01-2022, 03:56 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: that game is one´s uses interleacing for many tasks, trying disabling or bypass can lead to bugs, partial results etc, old code in thread leave main gameplay withow jumping image but other elements flicker (menu, bars, ) etc, disabling function cap framerate and quality frame, bypass it halves the framepacing (code available last year); in the end using deinterleacing "automatic" is better and looks same like using this partial codes.
Does Bloodrayne 2 even benefit from a no interlace or progressive scan code?  Thanks if you can answer that.
After a while without checking the ps2 emulation scene, it's amazing to see what PCSX2 has become recently.
I have a 2012 notebook, equipped with core i7-3720QM and a GT 650M, old stuff for sure but still pretty capable.
Thanks to the efforts of many here, I am now very satisfied with my current PCSX2 setup.

I'd like to thank felixthecat1970 for what he did in Tekken 5, now the game runs perfectly here. THANKS!

I consider a game 100% if it runs without graphical glitches at the intended original frame rate with no drops, and at least at native resolution.
I have a 56 game collection and now only 3 games don't run 100%.

The first is Tekken Tag Tournament, but I think this one is a lost case, some stages run 100%, others like the snow stage run as low as 60%, in fact this snow stage seems to be very problematic, even in the TTTHD on the PS3, namco reduced the snow effect and even so, there are still some frame drops occasionally (on many stages).

The second is Soul Calibur III, this one was not running well before, all stages were suffering with a heavy slowdown, now, at native res many stages ate running just fine, I'd say that is 95% perfect at this point. The lost cathedral stage however runs like the snow stage in TTT, there are certainly some heavy graphical effects in action on many stages.

The third is Soul Calibur II, at native res with PS it runs well enough, but it runs so much better on Dolphin here, 2x res, super sharp and clean image, and I was wondering why...

...which leads to think that maybe it's possible (on these games) disable some heavy effects (like what felixthecat1970 did in Tekken 5), and find ways to "optimize" (if that's feasible) the games so they can run better on old systems like mine.

If someone has some tips of how I can optimize these 3 games in any way, I'd really appreciate it.
Of course the speed improvement patches do exist. Which version of Soulcalibur III are you using? By the way, increasing the EE cycle skipping to the maximum should switch the frameskipping on.
(07-01-2022, 07:42 PM)Agrippa Wrote: Of course the speed improvement patches do exist. Which version of Soulcalibur III are you using? By the way, increasing the EE cycle skipping to the maximum should switch the frameskipping on.

I am using the regular USA version, but I also tried the Arcade Edition 1.10. I decided to stick with the original version, since it has no modifications and perhaps easier to find patches that work.

I'll test the EE cycle option later today, I hope this option is available as a per game settings.