No interlacing codes
also some games i observed still need "no interleacing" hacks like marvel vs capcom 2 movement still is blurry and couple others, good to know what games "really" missing this "no interlacing" or better image "enhacements". i see a couple games really will not need:

Radiata Stories
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
Valkyrie Profile 2
this games have in build progressive scan mode = (interleacing is not used by desing), maybe a unknow no blurr or effects codes off will be better, for valkyrie profile 2 i did last year codes for image enhacement and autoboot progressive scan (not need for combo button triangle + cross), aqrippa did some more advanced and mayorigi... puff (sorry not remember the correct name user) in pcsx2-cheats thread did some very advanced hacks for in game image effects.

tekken 5 some months ago i reworked the codes so i will boot in progressive scan mode and load clean sharpbackbuffer image, recomended to play in SW mode for look game effects or HW will remove (bugged) effects = more clean image (like burning temple) stage when disable-enable crc hacks.

some games like mortal kombat shaolin is very hard or impossible because developers programed using interleacing for add game effects, functions, etc (i already debug this game functions) so last year codes with partial no interleacing causes more bugs or partial effect, this in particular is better to use default deinterleacing auto + antiblur and no codes at all

about gameconfigs - gameprofiles the new PCSX2-QT already have custom profiles feature implemented with game covers too check new site and download the new "QT" versions in nigthly builds https://pcsx2.net/downloads/

for the others mentioned i will keeep in mind.

Sponsored links

(07-25-2022, 10:55 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: Radiata Stories
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
Valkyrie Profile 2
this games have in build progressive scan mode = (interleacing is not used by desing)

Are there patches that force progressive scan on by default for them then? I know I've seen mention of that for some games. I would be interested in those if so.

(07-25-2022, 10:55 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: tekken 5 some months ago i reworked the codes so i will boot in progressive scan mode and load clean sharpbackbuffer image

Care to share that? I didn't see it when I was looking back through the pages.

(07-25-2022, 10:55 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: for the others mentioned i will keeep in mind.

Thanks!  Biggrin

(07-25-2022, 10:55 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: about gameconfigs - gameprofiles the new PCSX2-QT already have custom profiles feature implemented with game covers too check new site and download the new "QT" versions in nigthly builds https://pcsx2.net/downloads/

Yes, I'm using QT. Some of the included auto-fixes aren't right though or are missing hacks or other settings which are needed. I've gone back through and recreated configs for 40 games out of the 300 that I had done previously and, of those, some of the auto-fixes were correct, some were not, and some were missing. So once I'm done all someone will have to do is drop in and merge my gamesettings + cheats_ni folders with theirs and they'll be set. I keep detailed notes of what's used and why. 

[Image: iZVjK79.png]

[Image: vojKhZo.png]

The nice part about how the gamesettings function works now is that they're only altered-from-base settings, so I'm not actually specifying things like upscaling and Anisotropic filtering values in the configs, those will be whatever the user specifies in their base settings. I'm basically just specifying fixes.
(07-25-2022, 11:18 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: Yes, I'm using QT. Some of the included auto-fixes aren't right though or are missing hacks or other settings which are needed. I've gone back through and recreated configs for 40 games out of the 300 that I had done previously and, of those, some of the auto-fixes were correct, some were not, and some were missing. So once I'm done all someone will have to do is drop in and merge my gamesettings + cheats_ni folders with theirs and they'll be set. I keep detailed notes of what's used and why. 

[Image: iZVjK79.png]

The nice part about how the gamesettings function works now is that they're only altered-from-base settings, so I'm not actually specifying things like upscaling and Anisotropic filtering values in the configs, those will be whatever the user specifies in their base settings. I'm basically just specifying fixes.

Since you're doing the hard work already, when you're done it would be great if you could drop by on github, make an issue and let some contributor add the settings to the gamedb Smile https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-25-2022, 11:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: Since you're doing the hard work already, when you're done it would be great if you could drop by on github, make an issue and let some contributor add the settings to the gamedb Smile https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues

Sure, that's no problem at all!
@Zombeaver:
yes can be done codes to autoenable progressive scan modes for games who have in built or others have disabled like Persona 3 FES all main regions i post yesterday (also already update many codes with autoboot progressive scan) still looking some method, page, table etc for share buch codes i have (beacuse this codes works in consoles too) already have some in my blog - github if you want to check (look signature) also you will find the tekken 5 update codes for all main regions there.
@felixthecat1970:

Sorry for asking this question, but was it you that made some pnach codes to make GT2000 and Sega Rally 2006 work in 480p in real hardware?

I could swear I read about those codes recently but now I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I know I am not dreaming because I did made a working disc of GT2000 for the PS2 with component cables.

I was particularly interested in Sega Rally 2006 codes, maybe it would also make the game visuals more sharp?
i dont remember posting about sega rally but in my archive i have some codes for 2006 (japan) i going to check...,meanwhile  i think some codes are available in this thread (use search thread) also look other thread like cheats, 60fps or widescreen some codes are combined with others topics too.
***rework code updates
Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution (Japan) SLPM-65270 CRC=AB01411F
Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution (Usa) Game CRC = 0xC9DEF513
Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution (Europe) SLPM-65270 CRC=0x81CA29BE
+PAL version disable selector and boot in progressive scan mode
+enable boot default progressive scan mode all versions
+enable full frame render mode instead field render (sharp backbuffer) all versions
+USA version enable progressive scan for Virtua Fighter: 10th Anniversary Edition

Sega Rally 2006 (Japan) SLPM_662.12;1) Game CRC = 0xB26172F0
+enable full frame render mode instead field render (sharp backbuffer)

Sega Rally Championship SLPM_627.03;1) Game CRC = 0x4888BD62
+autoboot progressive scan mode
!!! use SW mode for this game, HW is bugged (black and white image) PCSX2 bug !!!

Attached Files
.pnach   4888BD62.pnach (Size: 1,52 KB / Downloads: 115)
.pnach   B26172F0.pnach (Size: 485 bytes / Downloads: 152)
.pnach   81CA29BE.pnach (Size: 766 bytes / Downloads: 129)
.pnach   AB01411F.pnach (Size: 664 bytes / Downloads: 129)
.pnach   C9DEF513.pnach (Size: 921 bytes / Downloads: 140)
(05-01-2021, 06:00 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: Drakengard (USA) (Undub) SLUS_207.32;1) Game CRC = 0x9679D44C
!! in HW mode 2x+ mode "Enable HW Hacks > "Merge Sprite" for fix combo ligthing (PCSX2 bug)
+Sharp Framebuffer
+Progressive mode + nop interleacing
+extend resolution from 640x444 to 640x480
-in HW mode videos has bug in right side, change to SW for correct display (PCSX2 bug)

*in firts post have the basic code for interleacing, this is another custom code with more features and fixes.

Drag-on Dragoon (Japan) CRC-BFB0DFBE
!! in HW mode 2x+ mode "Enable HW Hacks > "Merge Sprite" for fix combo ligthing (PCSX2 bug)
+Sharp Framebuffer
-in HW mode videos has bug in right side, change to SW for correct display (PCSX2 bug)
*this code tested by User nifengyxia

Drakengard 2 (USA) (Undub) SLUS_213.73;1) Game CRC = 0x1648E3C9
+Fix black lines in videos HW mode
+Sharp Framebuffer

Having an issue with the Drakengard 2 undub code; when I use it, it's like the whole game "shifts" downwards a bit, and as a result a small part of the game is cropped. Zooming out doesn't help either. How would I fix this?

Examples:

[Image: A5DGj9F.png]
[Image: NCb0di8.jpg]
(07-31-2022, 05:08 PM)fighuass Wrote: Having an issue with the Drakengard 2 undub code; when I use it, it's like the whole game "shifts" downwards a bit, and as a result a small part of the game is cropped. Zooming out doesn't help either. How would I fix this?

Examples:

[Image: A5DGj9F.png]
[Image: NCb0di8.jpg]

many codes need to be reworked for new PCSX2 versions, but meanwhile enable "show overscan" options in graphics for display complete image