No interlacing codes
(06-03-2020, 06:08 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: PsxFan107 that patch is making the game run at about half speed for me. And by that I should specify it's running at 100% speed according to the speed indicator, but it's clearly about half of the correct speed. Disabling the framelimiter bumps it up to about 315% which is too fast. Visually it's a huge improvement, but there's something weird going on there.

I'll look into it ASAP.

Also, can you identify which line is causing the issue?

Sponsored links

Yep, edited the post. It's the de-interlace line specifically that's doing it.
*Snip*
Nice! That fixes the speed issue.

There's still a fair amount of artifacting in objects/terrain in the distance, although it's definitely better than it is ordinarily. Trilinear Filtering helps quite a bit.

No trilinear filtering:

[Image: D7NqEYz.jpg]

Trilinear filtering:

[Image: fsWbVuK.jpg]
(06-03-2020, 07:27 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: Nice! That fixes the speed issue.

There's still a fair amount of artifacting in objects/terrain in the distance, although it's definitely better than it is ordinarily. Trilinear Filtering helps quite a bit.

No trilinear filtering:

[Image: D7NqEYz.jpg]

Trilinear filtering:

[Image: fsWbVuK.jpg]

Glad to know the speed problem is fixed!

I literally cannot see what you mean by artefacting in the distance.
Right-click and go to copy image address on each image and paste them into a new tab so you can see them full size.

There's significant amounts of aliasing in the terrain (more than what's present in the other games), even at high scaling. Trilinear filtering mitigates most of this although there may be a better solution.
Ah, now i see. Unfortunately, I don't think anything can be done about that. This is probably why the game was anti-aliased.
Well, the good news is, 3x scaling + FXAA + Trilinear Filtering is playable and looks significantly better than software rendering which is what I had been using previously (because, without the patch, hardware rendering looks even worse than software in my opinion). I don't know if this satisfies OmegaJP's bounty request, but it looks pretty darn good to me. Thanks! Smile
(05-31-2020, 07:20 AM)SandwichCracker Wrote: Request
Radiata Stories - SLPM 65800

USA version is progressive, Try combo button keep pressing Triangle + Cross in boot game.
Update 2022 August - all codes reworked for Neogeo Online Collection series 1 - 12 (Japan)
-Autoenable progressive 240p 320x240 native or progressive scan 640x448p (some titles)
-Fast boot No intro logos - fmv (not all titles) - no need for patch image
-sharp pixel clean - No blurry image (use gamesettings profiles)
-recomended "gamesettings pack profile"s for PCSX2-QT (scanlines can be disabled in game "propierties > graphics > OSD options)
Download zip from Github

this codes are not needed anymore but leave as "legacy post"
Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden SLPS_255.59 Game CRC DB6BDD3C
NeoGeo Online Collection Vol.2 Bakumatsu Roman Gekka no Kenshi 1-2 SLPS_255.03 Game CRC 142F45D8

*This tool for iso dump patch
[https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps2-...ngine.694/]
*some people say with interleacing codes look better in real hardware but i dont know if true, people can try patch with 240p codes only or combined.

*Update Codes July 7:
Tested patched in Ps3 console half upper screen show only; reworked codes but this games are native 240p (in game 320x244) with progressive scan enabled, PCSX2 adapt screen ok, but ps3 emulation use only half screen, i dont have real ps2 with 240p monitor for test, so if you wanna test i leave in pnach notes for patch
*This codes enable 240p progressive mode, with disabled interleacing in PCSX2 , looks nice with Bilinear to Nearest (in video settings > texture filtering) recommended and not forget PCSX2 Interleacing to None, also try HW and scanlines in EMU for retro feeling.

Attached Files
.pnach   DB6BDD3C.pnach (Size: 581 bytes / Downloads: 286)
.pnach   142F45D8.pnach (Size: 877 bytes / Downloads: 240)