No interlacing codes
(08-01-2022, 01:39 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: many codes need to be reworked for new PCSX2 versions, but meanwhile enable "show overscan" options in graphics for display complete image

Great, that works. Thanks!

Sponsored links

(07-25-2022, 09:36 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: Onimusha: Warlords (There is something *very* strange going on with this one, it's as if the interlacing mode is being reset / ignored every time I boot the game and I have to manually cycle through the deinterlacing modes to get the right one even if it's set to the right one in the game's config before closing. It's as if the video has to sortof be "reinitialized" for it to kick in. I'm not sure what to make of it, and don't remember having this issue the last time I played it. It apparently has a no-interlacing patch included already by default, so I tried with and without it and it was the same issue either way. Very strange.)

I figured out what was going on here. The included patch is buggy and should not be used, but moreover led to me discovering a bug with PCSX2 itself: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/6763

The game looks pretty good with auto + antiblur once the patch is (actually) disabled, so it's not a huge deal either way.
Requesting:

Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder (CRC: 3A8E10D7)

This game's interlacing instruction can't be found with either of the two methods described on Page 1 of this thread, and it's a very blurry game. A motion blur removal patch would also be appreciated if that's possible at all.
(07-24-2022, 10:41 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: Hey y'all! I haven't been by in a couple years so I went back through the last 30 or so pages looking for patches for stuff that I'd asked for a while back - got a couple so thanks! Below is what I have marked on my list as still needing some form of deinterlacing i.e. I'm using something other than auto, normally one of the Bob modes. NTSC-U in all cases. Thanks in advance!

Armored Core: Silent Line
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance
Bombastic
Chulip
Cocoto Fishing Master
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse
Deep Water
Devil May Cry (I believe this one got a patch a long time ago but it was inconsistent/buggy)
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (I saw a non NTSC-U patch for this a while back but not NTSC-U that I could find)
Disgaea 2
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Flipnic
Haven: Call of the King
Jade Cocoon 2
Kengo: Master of Bushido
The Mark of Kri
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Onimusha: Warlords (I think I saw a patch for the PAL version of this a while back)
Radiata Stories
Reel Fishing III
Rise of Kasai
Road Trip
Shadow Tower: Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Spartan: Total Warrior
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
Tekken 5
Valkyrie Profile 2
War of the Monsters
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land
XGIII: Extreme G Racing

+1 for Armored Core: Silent Line

I was surprised to see it doesn't have a code since Armored Core 3 does, but I guess it's not as simple as copy+paste. Thanks for all the other codes posted so far, some of these games still really need them
(06-12-2022, 09:24 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: ### Tekken 5 GH (USA) SLUS_210.59 Game CRC = 652050D2
- +Arcade history games tekken 1 and 2 runs 240p mode for compactible monitors (*untested*)

I was testing the native pcsx2 shaders and my god... both Tekken 1 and 2 with the "wave" shader are beyond perfection (images attached), same level of retroarch crt shaders, and even in full screen, the scanlines look awesome. 

I was wondering, is it possible to apply the same 240p method to other PS2 games like:

Hyper Street Fighter II
Street Fighter Zero Fighters Generation
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
SVC Chaos - SNK vs. Capcom
KOF Orochi, 98UM, Nests and 2002UM

I couldn't figure out what to do with your long post with a lot of KOF codes, these games IMO really need scanlines to be fully appreciated.
Thanks!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-05-2022, 12:55 PM)squallps2 Wrote: I was testing the native pcsx2 shaders and my god... both Tekken 1 and 2 with the "wave" shader are beyond perfection (images attached), same level of retroarch crt shaders, and even in full screen, the scanlines look awesome. 

I was wondering, is it possible to apply the same 240p method to other PS2 games like:

Hyper Street Fighter II
Street Fighter Zero Fighters Generation
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike
SVC Chaos - SNK vs. Capcom
KOF Orochi, 98UM, Nests and 2002UM

I couldn't figure out what to do with your long post with a lot of KOF codes, these games IMO really need scanlines to be fully appreciated.
Thanks!!
in my test can be done many 2d titles, i have lot reworked codes for neogeo colletions (for my old codes), maybe i put some in my github for test check it out some hours or days.
(08-05-2022, 02:07 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: in my test can be done many 2d titles, i have lot reworked codes for neogeo colletions (for my old codes), maybe i put some in my github for test check it out some hours or days.

Wow, can't wait to play these games in their native res with native scanlines from pcsx2. There are really a LOT of 2D games that could/will benefit immensely running at native res with scanlines.
Your github is in my favorites folder, if/when possible, please take a look at the Street Fighter Zero Fighters Generations, it's the game that I most would like to play with scanlines on pcsx2.
Thanks!
(08-05-2022, 02:07 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: in my test can be done many 2d titles, i have lot reworked codes for neogeo colletions (for my old codes), maybe i put some in my github for test check it out some hours or days.

Your Last Blade 2 code works perfectly, this is what was missing to fully enjoy these 2D low res games.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-05-2022, 08:31 PM)squallps2 Wrote: Your Last Blade 2 code works perfectly, this is what was missing to fully enjoy these 2D low res games.

*** correction pcsx2 new update works ok now
Hi! I have an arcade cab with two lightguns and a 15khz crt, as I like lightgun games.
I applied the patches for Dino Stalker (USA) and Resident Evil - Dead Aim (USA) and they look amazing now!
I tried to do this myself for the rest of the lightgun games, following the instructions in first page but I can't understand...
So, I would like to do the same for those:
Time Crisis II (USA)
Time Crisis 3 (USA)
Vampire Night (USA)
Endgame (USA)
Virtua Cop - Rebirth (Japan)
Cocoto Funfair (Europe)

Those seems to look right without patches:
Time Crisis - Crisis Zone (USA)/ (Europe)
Gunfighter II - Revenge of Jesse James (Europe)

Any help please? thanks!