No longer able to launch games in PCSX2 - Error inside
I've been playing PCSX2 fairly regularly over the past few months, and today I went to load up Time Crisis II and nothing...I tried many games, and nothing. I've attached the log, as there is clearly an exception, but I can't find any info on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...not sure, I did recently update MS C++ redistributable...but I thought I'd played it since...

Thank you!

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 7,16 KB / Downloads: 117)

Sponsored links

are you able to boot to bios ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It may sound stupid but did you tried restarting the pc(I think something like that happen to me too before)
(03-30-2020, 09:49 AM)jesalvein Wrote: are you able to boot to bios ?

I switched to plugin from ISO and it went into BIOS that way...basically, it took me to a track listing of something, and I was able to back out of that and see my two memory cards and a disc. So, I believe that I can.

(03-30-2020, 10:29 AM)vsub Wrote: It may sound stupid but did you tried restarting the pc(I think something like that happen to me too before)

Great question. I uninstalled some drive emulation software (wincdemu), which I had installed when troubleshooting a Sega CD bin/cue. I rebooted after that...

I had a feeling it might be an issue with something messing with the .iso reading, but the logs show it's able to see the iso and get to its contents.

The specific error I'm seeing is the following:

Quote:Multi Threaded Fileio module.(99/11/15)
iop heap service (99/11/03)
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥SIO2MAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 25, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥MTAPMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 26, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥PADMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 27, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥MCMAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 28, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥MCSERV.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 29, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥ILINK.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 30, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥ILSOCK.IRX;1 args 0 arg
loadmodule: id 31, ret 0
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥ILDRV.IRX;1 args 0 arg
ildrv.c Jun 21 2001 14:37:09
Error at sce1394SbEui64: -1

Thanks for the responses...appreciate the feedback.
Could the iso got corrupted somehow ?
Tried using your original disc instead ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-30-2020, 09:59 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Could the iso got corrupted somehow ?
Tried using your original disc instead ?

I just tossed in my original disc and selected Plugin, which is configured to use my optical drive, but getting the same error, unfortunately.
I thought I had tried with a fresh install, but apparently not.

I Bing'd for just this item, sce1394SbEui64, and discovered the following issue: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2475

Oddly enough, it was specific to Time Crisis(es), though the issue affected all my games. But, in there they referenced the BIOS and nvm...could something have gotten whacked out there? That led me to remember to try with a fresh install...

So, that worked, but what was up with my old install? I figured I'd at least see if the issue was related to the BIOS, so I removed all files from the BIOS folder on my normal PCSX2 setup, except for the .bin I wanted to use, and was suddenly able to boot everything just fine...

So, thankfully, it doesn't appear that I need to completely re-setup PCSX2, though I'm still curious what I lost when removing the nvm and mec files...or what could have gotten corrupted there.
Ah yes,I remember having a weird problem before with pcsx2 and deleting the nvm or\and mec files magically fixed the problem