Nocturne Glitch
I am sharing this because I simply find it fascinating, and others may find it as well. So, I started running into garbled text/font. Using save states, I could revert it back to normal. I quickly traced the source [that is to say, what was initiating the glitch] to my High Pixie. More specifically, anytime that I checked out her info screen - the screen that comes up when you check her "status" through the game menu, or when she levels up.

She acts like a virus. Once her status screen has been checked out, it infects the game. Reverting with a savestate works, as long as it wasn't seen with the savestate. If you see it, and then make a save to a memory card, the issue CAN go away, but you must completely close out PCSX2 and reload the game, loading the memory card save. However, while it gets rid of the glitch, the High Pixie is still infected and viewing her again will reset the process.

Fusing her with other demons spreads it to said demons, and fusing any demon with this issue will register the issue.

...Well anyway, that's about it.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i7 3770K
EVGA Superclocked GTX 660 2 GB
Sound BlasterRecon 3D Fatal1ty
Samsung Evo 840 120 GB SSD
Seagate 4 TB HDD | Seagate 3TB HDD | Seagate 2 TB HDD

Sponsored links

First you didn't post your PCSX2 version, plugins used, settings etc, which are crucial to debugging anything.
Second, saved states are pretty normal to save a bug in them, that's why we always recommend loading and saving to a memory card
Third, a screenshot of the issue would be nice. Gregory fixed a text bug with the game in the OpenGL renderer a couple of days ago, seen here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/762 Is it anything similar?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-23-2015, 12:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: First you didn't post your PCSX2 version, plugins used, settings etc, which are crucial to debugging anything.
Second, saved states are pretty normal to save a bug in them, that's why we always recommend loading and saving to a memory card
Third, a screenshot of the issue would be nice. Gregory fixed a text bug with the game in the OpenGL renderer a couple of days ago, seen here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/762 Is it anything similar?

[Apologies. I forgot to mention such things in my excitement. I am using the last stable build - PCSX2 1.2.1. I am using GSdx 10 plugin, rendering at Direct3D11 Hardware, though the issue does not seem to disappear with software enabled. I use Texture filtering, FXAA, 8 bit textures, and I am using an Nvidia card so I enable the Nvidia HW hack. It is probably worth sharing that I have used this same build with these settings for many playthroughs without issue, not that it means they cannot be responsible. I took some screenshots, which are linked below. I capped a cross-section of some of the errors my emulator was spitting out. The third picture is actually the first one, taken immediately after High Pixie was looked at. It seems the text actually worsens [I.E, more of it disappears] the more I went in and out of submenus, this too is documented in the screenshots]

http://imgur.com/a/i2lbN
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i7 3770K
Red warnings appear? Maybe tlb miss? Can you please post the full emulog after you observed the problem?

Btw this is the support section. If you want to write novels you should consider opening your own blog. Writing walls of text will instantly reduce the "attractivity" of your problem. Thats the reason 'tl;dr' was invented. If you would like to get help by as many users as possible keep it short and informative.
Looks like a bad disc/ iso image, try remaking the image from your dvd disc using www.imgburn.com
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-23-2015, 04:08 PM)willkuer Wrote: Red warnings appear? Maybe tlb miss? Can you please post the full emulog after you observed the problem?

Btw this is the support section. If you want to write novels you should consider opening your own blog. Writing walls of text will instantly reduce the "attractivity" of your problem. Thats the reason 'tl;dr' was invented. If you would like to get help by as many users as possible keep it short and informative.

[It's called Discussion and Support, so I thought open discussions relating to game emulation was permitted. This was my intention. I did not intend for this to be taken so seriously, though it's really cool that people are willing to help figure it out and I appreciate it greatly. I did not mean to upset the established order, or offend all the veterans of this site. Feeling deflated now. Fixed the post according to your guidelines. Thanks for the help, guys]
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i7 3770K
(10-23-2015, 07:51 PM)[AlexanderTheNine] Wrote: [It's called Discussion and Support, so I thought open discussions relating to game emulation was permitted. This was my intention. I did not intend for this to be taken so seriously, though it's really cool that people are willing to help figure it out and I appreciate it greatly. I did not mean to upset the established order, or offend all the veterans of this site. Feeling deflated now. Fixed the post according to your guidelines. Thanks for the help, guys]

I don't think there was any need to edit your post. IMHO willkuer was simply trying to help by making sure your post was more appealing to general users because some users may get bored with a long post. I think that varies from person to person. To me, you post was very good and fascinating in itself  Biggrin

I always appreciate posts where people spend some time to elaborate the matter because it kind of shows the importance of the matter to that person. I hope to see more long and detailed posts from you in future without worrying about what others think.
I am also no hater of walls of text. You see i read yours.

I just have the feeling the root of your problem is a quite typical one and most supporters couldve solved it. The effect on the game was for szre entertaining.

I didnt want to to adjust your posts according to my needs. I more or less wanted to suggest that you add a tl;dr or just summarize the technical details. But as these are your posts and this is your thread do as you like.
I guess my choice of words couldve been better. I will just blame my bad English knowledge.

Have you tried what bositman suggested? Does it work now?
as a "vet" myself, long walls of text can get annoying, and I usually look for the important bits when reading though. IF I can't understand the main issue I will usually go back, read the long wall-o-text but a summarized version is always a good idea. which could be as simple as "Seemingly random letters in words are missing"

Can I make a request so we can eliminate the variables?:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Nocturne-...#pid263095
In this thread someone had a similar issue. Follow the information I provided (this uses PCSX2 1.0.0, you'll need to download that) and see if the problem still shows up. if it doesn't it is not the disc, and you'll need to figure out what is causing it. I can assist with migrating the settings to 1.3.1 as they are my own settings and it is my own work, so we can test this. (Note the 1.0.0 settings will work on 1.2.1 as well, but try 1.0.0 first)

also can I request an upload of the MC or save (not savestate) that you are using?
I recently started playing this game, and ran into a similar problem. The difference is, mine was triggered whenever I went into the Magatama or Config Menus. I was worried because this happened before I even had the option to save my game. Luckily, I had a savestate backup so I could revert it. I'm glad to hear the problem is fixed after rebooting the program. I find it interesting that unlike mine, your menu list is ungarbled.

http://imgur.com/qtp1ngX

Edit: The problem seems to be fixed for me on version 1.3.0.