Non-Answer Problem
(08-05-2013, 05:54 PM)Naruto1005 Wrote: Yep I tried Malwarebytes and also Microsoft Security Essentials, both on Quick Mode.
I deactivate both when I try to run PCSX2..

Not correctly downloading what ?

sometimes when downloading files, things can go wrong, and the file can be corrupted, and that can make things not work
it doesn't happen very often, but i've had it happen to me once or twice

just out of curiosity have you ever had pcsx2 working

have you tried other emulators with games you own?

a simple file verification file will tell you if you are having problems downloading files

to get it to work on win 7 you'll first need the program from here the current version 2.36 works on my computer

then you'll need to run the troubleshoot compatibility mode and set quick sfv compatibility to win xp sp3

quite a few sites use .sfv to verify your downloaded filesSmile

edit dammit i can't upload the .sfv file as an attachment Sad nvm
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)

Sponsored links

(08-05-2013, 06:35 PM)vLaDDz Wrote: What's ur OS?

I'm on a Windows 7 SP1 64 bits laptop

(08-05-2013, 07:02 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: sometimes when downloading files, things can go wrong, and the file can be corrupted, and that can make things not work
it doesn't happen very often, but i've had it happen to me once or twice

just out of curiosity have you ever had pcsx2 working

have you tried other emulators with games you own?

a simple file verification file will tell you if you are having problems downloading files

to get it to work on win 7 you'll first need the program from here the current version 2.36 works on my computer

then you'll need to run the troubleshoot compatibility mode and set quick sfv compatibility to win xp sp3

quite a few sites use .sfv to verify your downloaded filesSmile

edit dammit i can't upload the .sfv file as an attachment Sad nvm

No, PCSX2 have never work on that PC, I didn't found an other PS2 emulator on the net, maybe I haven't search enough and everyone says PCSX2 is the best ..
Any other kind of emulator works, PSX etc..

Thanks dr emulator but I really don't think it has something linked to the download because I've download different version at many times, they all do the same
What temp is your cpu when trying to run pcsx2?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

The temp of my cpu doesn't change, (49-50°c),
Also, when I can -with difficult- open the task manager I see that the process of pcsx2 is running, using 11 000K of memory.
I remark too that the PC freeze but a looong time after answer for a few time then freeze again etc etc. During the short period when I can use it I immediately shut the process of pcsx2 and then the PC works normally..

( Sorry if i'm not really understandable .. )

EDIT

I determinate that all PCSX2 versions works UNTIL the last 0.9.6 (included) .. Those after it doesn't launch. The 0.9.6 version launches but close immediately after the first PS2 sequence..
Could be a bad bios dump.
Which method did you use to dump it ?
USB or LAN ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay, so you were right, I re-dumped my bios and now I can actually play on the 0.9.6 PCSX2 version. I heard it's not the best, the last one could allow me to play in better conditions etc but I will be satisfy with that one.
If you have new ideas or similar problem don't hesitate to share it, thanks to all who have spend their time here ^^

Bye ! Laugh