Non Solid fps
Miseru
1. Well that video proves that it is the same or very close to the real ntsc speed.
2. By the video you see that 87 fps isnt chopy at all ( i use blend bff)
3. I use core temp to monitor stuff temps,Load,cpu speed it always runs at 2,5 in fights 1,8 at loading and 2,3 at intros and fight ends.
4.I put the Core temp window next and press into pcsx2 windows so the power is diverted there and the load is always 50%/50% or 40%/60%.
5.My cpu DOESNT throttle till 100C my bro has a laptop with a AMD turion 64x2 dual core. Before cleaning his Laptop few days ago the dual core was running at 110C on games and it didint brake it did throttle but it didint brake and the cpu is 4 years old already it shutsdown on 105+(if you have stayed on the temp for over 5 minutes).
6.My cpu has reached 96C while playing tekken 5 when i let my gpu work on 650/780 or 715/950 OC however i started wondering about temps from a few days after i got Pcsx2 working with tekken 5 now my gpu is at power saving mode at 300/300 and it runs native pretty good Gs usage 30% max 20% ussualy.
EDIT: I really dont care if the counter shows false FPS (It actually does because a real 87 fps would be super speed). The game feels almost the same as on the Ps2. Tell me what more do you need from an emulator? IF the game feels the same thats it youve done it now just play it.
It has been posted hundreds of times about the load and people always say that while pcsx2 shows 100% task manager shows 40-50% because its counting both cores. The pcsx2 as most say cant use more than 50% of both cores it thinks that the combined load is 100%.
PS: The 1200x1200 doesnt that much of a difference in tekken 5 since it was build to look good on native res ( well maybe character detail is better but thats about it).
I5 430M HD5730M 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz.

Sponsored links

If you're happy with what you have then why that thread? Well if to learn why things happens strange, then you got enough answers.Tongue
You got false fps from setting one thing yourself, then improved speed from setting something else and there you have 60fps while showing 87.
I don't have mobile core i with turbo mode, just saw people had problems with them or rather with their turbo modes.
300/300 mhz enough for native?Ohmy Tekken must be very non-demanding from GPU if that's true, but then again 30-20% of GPU at such clocks is probably a false reading too. If it was trully using just 20-30% of GPU on native, then you could easily set x2 or x3 without any slowdowns, I bet you can't.:] Soo your eventual slowdowns could be couse GPU, althrough you messed your settings soo much nothing's sureTongue.

PCSX2 can use full 2 cores minus what other programs use from the CPU in same timeTongue It only seems to using half when people have quad cpu's couse it's limited to 2. While having 2 cores, maybe system shows only 50% of load couse hyperthreading or something like that. But the fact is that PCSX2 can and usually will hug as much as he can from a double core CPU.

Well have fun playing anyway, I'm not demanding for things being perfect either, but at least I usually know the options I'm using which results in lack of strange suprises in the end:].
with such high temps better get a laptop fan
I don't get it. with speedhacks the fps read is always wrong. so that 85 is way off and in no way the real fps. Also the video proves nothing more than it runs the playback on you laptop cause you didn't play it live neither we can see any prove of the fps reading. it could even be a prerecorded video. so it's pointless. but well... congratulations.
if you recorded with the program Fraps the video wont be pointless
(07-28-2011, 08:03 PM)haxor Wrote: I don't get it. with speedhacks the fps read is always wrong.

No-- It totally depends on the game, the chosen hack(s), and sometimes just how far you've pushed it (i.e. the sliders).
Well to fraps it you need a beast CPU because it has been loaded so any further filming etc slows it down but by the looks of it i achieved full speed and that 87 fps is k ill explain it like this:
Every1 who starts this wants to get a the game to work corectly and at full speed however i cant do that in terms of hardware so i use speedhacks but those speed hacks cause the fps meter to go haywire so if i increase the fps limit to say 87 it makes up for the lost speed and it runs at (Real fps 55-60) no 1 needs the true 87 fps speed they only need 60 and by that "pre recorded comment" i see i have truly achieved a playable or fully playable speed so im happy with that
Btw i used 2x Vu cycle for that.
EDIT: Well just to prove it i might add a video in 30 mins or so with fps reading and maybe Temps
EDIT: ^^^^ scr** that anyways it is a solid 87 only in acid rain does it even drop to 84(rarely)
EDIT: Ive always wanted to ask is there any way to know when a game is full speed with VU cycle? because im still not sure if this speed is perfect for NTSC.
MAIN EDIT: This thread was supposed to awnser the first 3 questions seems ill need at 300mhz after all ;/ anyways tnx.
I5 430M HD5730M 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz.