Noob help needed please
Hi I'm new to using PCSX2 and I'm having some trouble playing games. I'm hoping that someone here can help me. I've followed the config guide here and it didn't help as much as I'd hoped for.

First here's my PC specs.
CPU: Phenom II x4 955 @3.2Ghz
Ram: 6Gb DDR2 800
Video: 2 Radeon HD3850 512Mb Crossfired
Sound: X-fi xtremegamer

I only have the plugins that come with the window installer from this site. I'm using GSdx 890 0.1.14, lilypad 0.9.9, Gigahertz's CDVD 0.7.0, SPU2-X 1.1.0 and the rest are null plugins.

I've tried only three of my games so far. Hot shots golf fore!, Kessen 3 and Harvest moon. With Kessen 3 I can get to the end on the first FMV, then everything goes black and nothing else happens. It's also a little slow. With Hot shots golf fore! everything runs fine, until I get on the course then it slows down to 11FPS. With Harvest moon the speed is a little slow and I get graphical issues.
[Image: th_pcsx202010-05-2807-33-40-63.jpg]

Sponsored links

try latest public beta & latest plugins pack (have a look at the download section)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
just go get r1888 and use some speedhacks thats Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life right its ok on my end using DX10 Hardware mode

Seeing a NOOB struggle running PCSX2 make's me sadder Today man when bad luck arrive's it arrive's Big Time Sad
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
I got r1888 and the beta plugin pack from the download section. Harvest moon worked well, still slows down a little. It fluctuates between 38 and 60 FPS. The graphical problems are gone though. Hot Shots Golf Fore! still slows down to an unplayabe rate, 40FPS. I haven't tried Kessen 3 yet, but I'm going to later. As well as Kessen 1 & 2.

Thanks for the help. I think I will have to tweek my plugin settings a bit to get these game working right. I don't expect PS2 speeds, but it would be great if I could get them playable. Do you guys have any tips I should know about for configuring the plugins?

:edit: with Hot Shots Golf Fore! I get this "Unexpected hwRead16 from 0x10003c30" in that window that runs in the background. Could that be a reason for the slow down? If so, how would I go about fixing it?
maybe by updating your directx
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
and also try disablin your crossfire I think it has issues with PCSX2
My New PC
I've updated DX. Here's the funny thing, I went to disable crossfire and found out that it already was. So that probably wasn't the problem. I enabled crossfire and that did nothing, HSG still only gets ~20FPS in-game. Speed hacks didn't do anything either.
try setting gsdx on native and also state what speedhacks you are using {if your using any}
My New PC
well posting pictures of all your settings is recommended. we would be able to help you better.

edit: @ anito9999 go buy some flowers Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-28-2010, 05:19 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: well posting pictures of all your settings is recommended. we would be able to help you better.

yah!! what he sez is true it will help us help you better

Man I'm so nervous right now waiting here for my wife's arrival from work
My New PC