Noob - need some help :D please
Hello I am trying to run Mission Impossible on pcsx2. I can browse the menus and I can go in game but it is pretty slow. I using an iso (my own Tongue) to get better performance.

I know that the emulator is pretty demanding but I figure I should be able to run some games. Also I have read that PCSX2 is not meant to run on four cores so will I be in trouble or...

My goal is to be able to run Midnight Club dub edition remix at full speed Laugh.

version: PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600)

My specs.

Windows 7 (64 bits)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.20 GHz
8gb ddr3 ram
Nvidia GeForce GT 430 (I need to upgrade this if you have any recommendations please tell )
3 TB combined HD space

Sponsored links

show us all your Plug-in settings and Emulation settings.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(02-15-2012, 02:07 AM)tallbender Wrote: show us all your Plug-in settings and Emulation settings.

Ok under emulation settings

+EE/IOP
-EmotionEngine set to recompiler - EE Cache is not enabled
-IOP is set to recompiler
-Round Mode set to Chop/Zero
-Clamping mode is to to normal

+VUs
-VU0 set to microVU Recompiler
-VU1 set to microVU Recompiler
-Round Mode set to Chop/Zero
-Clamping mode is set to normal

+GS
-the following are not checked (inactive): Disable framelimiting, Use Synchronized MTGS, and disable all GS output
more info...
[Image: image.png]

+GS Window
[Image: image.png]

+Speedhacks are disabled (I do not know much about them)

+Game Fixes are not Enabled again I do not know about that...

___
Plugins...

[Image: plugins.png]

___
Thats all I think Laugh. Also I posted a log (me running Midnight Club Dub Edition Remix) here: http://pastebin.com/aKGU47u3
It's your video card that is holding you back probably. Get like a ati 5770, there like 100$ and have great performance http://www.hwcompare.com/7042/geforce-gt...n-hd-5770/ I have the 5770 best 100$ I ever spent. I NEVER get higher than 60%GS on KH2FM. It's damn good looking but loves to crap the power out my CPU.
I know that the graphics card is not that good but I just want to see if I can get the game to be more playable :/

Here is a little bit of game play which was not to horrible Tongue
Any way I have messed around with the speed hacks which helps a lot but still...

reply if you can help Laugh
@addisonswim GS% actually shows GS thread on your CPU not GPU usage;P, AMD gpu's and I have one myself to be sure of that are actually worser in pcsx2 than Nvidia ones, often being limited by smaller memory bandwidth.

@Excalibolg if you aren't running at native yet, go into GSdx config and check "native", couse looking at the movie, you're probably limited by that gpu of yours. EE limitation isn't far from that anyway, but if you weren't yet using speedhacks while recording that movie, they probably helped with that.
(02-15-2012, 07:17 AM)miseru99 Wrote: @Excalibolg if you aren't running at native yet, go into GSdx config and check "native", couse looking at the movie, you're probably limited by that gpu of yours. EE limitation isn't far from that anyway, but if you weren't yet using speedhacks while recording that movie, they probably helped with that.

Well I first messed with the speedhacks...

[Image: 0_0.png]

and at first it was alright now it is slow...

1st time with speedhacks was great
2nd time bad :/ I changed nothing though...

____

Hers another game play video not it is very bad Sad

The thing is with soo much EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing speedhacks the game will potentially be fast in non demanding areas, but will actually be even slower with any normal/demanding stuff. It basically decreases the usable hardware for emulated ps2 stuff, which most of the time fake the fps slowing the game even more, decrease those speedhacks.;P Also don't use mVU block hack, it can slow down the games and does nothing most other times. Use recommended speedhacks through, those are mostly safe and do decrease cpu usage.