Not being able to run Persona 3 FES at usual speeds after reinstalling Windows
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to post something like this. So I've been playing Persona 3 FES for a while now, but I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer, and now, even though the hardware and settings I use are the same (I used the config guide from the website both when I had first set up PCSX2 and now), I can't manage to get the intros (openings) run smoothly and there are, although somewhat rare, "stutters" in-game. I can confirm that I had been able to run this game w/o any trouble on this computer previously and I tried a bunch of things I could thought of already.

I use a laptop, so I made sure all the power settings are at maximum perfomance, ran through general settings, both on Windows and NVIDIA control panel, made sure the emulator uses the dedicated graphics card, and couldn't detect anything that could be causing the loss of speed. Anything someone can help me with would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
keep in mind almost all the laptops is not running well on pcsx2
especially on battery and heat thresholds
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
There's been a lot of PCSX2 updates for the video plugin, and I don't really feel comfortable using anything past "v1.5.0-dev-3000-g910ef1db4"

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php?m=fulllist

I upgraded to like 3100 something, then noticed my Resident Evil Outbreak games were chugging and had way less FPS. I downgraded to 3000, no issues since.
Check your power settings in Windows. Windows defaults to balanced, and being a laptop, this will cause your CPU to throttle down quite a bit.