Not to sure
I wonder if it is my processor or just my Laptop
I have a Core I7 740QM 1.73GHZ, Dual ATI 5870M cards, 8GB DDR3 1600 Ram any my games dont play well at all... i dunno why i cant pull 40+ FPS but others seem to be pulling better frames... Im a big fan of this EMU but i wonder if my processor is kinda weak... but i am open to any suggestions or advice that might help me speed things up...Unsure

Sponsored links

is there a turbo mode for your CPU ?
because 1.73 Ghz is REALLY weak for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-04-2011, 06:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: is there a turbo mode for your CPU ?
because 1.73 Ghz is REALLY weak for pcsx2

yeah i have the monitor on and it turbos automatically but it seems to top off at 2.93 GHZ i thought the speed may be kinda slow but then i looked at my device manager and it seems i have 8 cores working... i guess my worse fear has come true i have to fork out 650USD on Ebay and buy a I7 940XM the things i do to enjoy my games lol... well it looks like it back to saving for something newLaugh
That processor will only reach as much as 2.4Ghz at the most from Turbo Boost for PCSX2. Some games will be slow, even with Speedhacks. If you're gonna look into another laptop for PCSX2, look into one with a Sandy Bridge CPU. They're a good bit faster than 1st gen Core i, even at the same clock rate. On top of that, the 2620QM, 2720QM, 2820QM and 2920XM all have a Turbo Boost potential over 3Ghz. They would undoubtably be the best current processors for mobile PCSX2.

Your GPU should support higher than native resolution, though. If you're not exceeding 2x native, it should never be your hold up (or very rarely, I should say).
(05-04-2011, 06:28 AM)Rezard Wrote: That processor will only reach as much as 2.4Ghz at the most from Turbo Boost for PCSX2. Some games will be slow, even with Speedhacks. If you're gonna look into another laptop for PCSX2, look into one with a Sandy Bridge CPU. They're a good bit faster than 1st gen Core i, even at the same clock rate. On top of that, the 2620QM, 2720QM, 2820QM and 2920XM all have a Turbo Boost potential over 3Ghz. They would undoubtably be the best current processors for mobile PCSX2.

Your GPU should support higher than native resolution, though. If you're not exceeding 2x native, it should never be your hold up (or very rarely, I should say).
thank you very much i will look into it... i just bought this laptop lookin to upgrade instantly but come to find out this motherboard doest support the second generation I7 but it seems like my only options are to save for the max first gen I7 or buy another laptop... well for right now i can save and buy a 940XM and see if that makes a dent in the performance but to look on the bright side of things while im saving i can play crysis 1 at max setting w/x8 AA at 1440x900... i guess i shouldnt be complaining but thank you very much again and i will keep it in mind