Nothing in XP, Kinda works in OS X?
i've no idea about ubuntu, os x has very strict requirement on stack alignment and this is dynamic thing which depends on the execution path which might be affected by cpu type. I could fix those manually because os x has a very limited number of hardware options compared to pc so in this case you are probably hitting a similar issue but there's no way to know without debugging

Sponsored links

(01-27-2011, 05:25 PM)zedr0n Wrote: i've no idea about ubuntu, os x has very strict requirement on stack alignment and this is dynamic thing which depends on the execution path which might be affected by cpu type. I could fix those manually because os x has a very limited number of hardware options compared to pc so in this case you are probably hitting a similar issue but there's no way to know without debugging

This actually makes a lot of sense. Since I'm running a modified version of OS X, on "unofficial" hardware, I assume the issue would be my unsupported CPU. The modified kernel not being the limiting factor? I'd assume though that I would get a kernel panic rather than a Segmentation Fault... Bugger. Sad

Quote:what are those "crazy titles" ?
And what are you calling "worse rigs"

I don't specifically recall the titles, I remember some where more graphics "intensive" than others. Need for Speed? I don't remember.
I would define "worse rigs" the same way I assume you would (in the vernacular)... Systems with lower-end specifications than those compared to another, in this case; my own.

His Celeron is clocked at 1.6, and he has a hack to enable hyper-threading.
As an update, I have it WORKING in Ubuntu 10.10

This is seriously the most messed up scenario. It's working at about half speed for everything. I'm going to continue playing with settings and speedhacks to see if I can get it running at 60fps. It's currently around 35...