Nuvee - PS1/PS2 input plugin supporting lightguns by Shalma
Hello, Nuvee fans. I know that things have been quiet on the Nuvee front. The cancellation of further WiiMote tests was a bit of sad moment, since I had spent many hours testing the setups and corresponding with Shalma about possible additions and adjustments to make the whole thing functional. However, I remain optimistic, since Nuvee functions extremely well, and the only thing truly necessary for a more authentic experience is a Windows-specific device. Sadly, the light guns available for PC are expensive and, in some cases, not as responsive as one would hope. Having all that been said, the next best option is to make use of already-available devices that can serve multiple functions, thus making things more cost-effective.

I do have a question for those with an interest in Kinect for Windows. I know that quite a few people have adopted a Kinect, and the news that it will be Windows-compliant means that there will be new opportunities for Nuvee. I myself don't have a Kinect, but I wager it'd make a nice game-playing peripheral or webcam-like device. I understand that there's also a gun peripheral for it, thanks to the folks at Activision.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe official Kinect drivers have been released yet; My own searches only reveal developer materials. However, I expect that people will work on making the available guns double as mouse pointers at some point. Does anyone have any information on this front?
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM

Sponsored links

(11-29-2011, 06:34 PM)ShadowofDoubt Wrote: Hello, Nuvee fans. I know that things have been quiet on the Nuvee front. The cancellation of further WiiMote tests was a bit of sad moment, since I had spent many hours testing the setups and corresponding with Shalma about possible additions and adjustments to make the whole thing functional.

I missed that. Where was that stated? That's all I care about here. The wiimote is perfect for shooters - go look at Dolphin. I know they can do it. I hope they continue to try. That's the one big thing missing from the emu.

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Sorry to upset you, Legend, but I've done all the WiiMote testing I can from my end. I mentioned this development a page ago, but you can see the relevant portion here:
(11-05-2011, 02:19 AM)ShadowofDoubt Wrote: I've been working on the WiiMouse setup off and on whenever I found the time. I have sad news, though - I could not get GlovePIE working correctly with WiiMouse and Nuvee. Sadly, GlovePIE has the bad habit of disconnecting the WiiMote, even when The Toid's WiiMouse program is not in use. Having that been said, I don't believe the WiiMote can be set up in Nuvee without additional Gamepad options in the plugin itself. However, I'm aware that that would require a ton of work.
I don't recommend losing hope, though. Like I said, I've only finished my portion of the testing. Shalma may work on more WiiMote-specific Gamepad controls at a later date. However, Nuvee definitely isn't WiiMore-ready in its current state. In addition, I haven't heard from Shalma in quite some time.

In the meantime, I like the Kinect idea, even though there aren't any handgun-sized controllers available for it. However, we have to wait for official drivers before even thinking about "gun controller as a mouse" concepts.
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM
regarding the lightgun, the best and cheap option are hack-gun for arcade monitor and tv. Working like a charm with wingun on my cab with ps2 gun.

Question Smile
wandering why Mame perfect and pcsx2 need profil since game resolutions are identical ?

(12-11-2011, 12:08 PM)caskad Wrote: regarding the lightgun, the best and cheap option are hack-gun for arcade monitor and tv. Working like a charm with wingun on my cab with ps2 gun.

Question Smile
wandering why Mame perfect and pcsx2 need profil since game resolutions are identical ?

Another question, i try to understand how i can reinit the plugin, i was testing virtuacop elite edition with smog driver with direct input, some test mess up my pcsx2 setup.

Sometimes i get gun calibration, sometimes none, sometimes perfect , sometimes no reaction during calib process ?

we can't force pcsx2 to have 640*480 resolution? i try with no succes !

SHALMA..Can you make the USB plugin able to emulate GT steering Wheels? So I can play Gran Turismo 4 with my steering wheel..Couse if my steering wheel emulates the analog of the PS2 gamepad its not playable or driveable Sad..soo plisss help me
how i can install nuvee plugin and how to play games with mouse.
Cheapest Lightgun Solution PC PS2 PS3

Wireless, infrared so work with LCD, dual gun mode, Laser pointer etc.
hello, i was reading this forum that i didnt know, a year ago that shalma developed this awsome plugin, when i had a pair of topgunIIs, but they crashed (as ***** they were) and now I use a pair of guncon2 with the Wingun software, that works in directinput, and makes you map the two guns with the five or six mouse buttons.
I cant get nuvee to work properly in direct input, and i think its because when you select direct input it is set to relative mode. Do you know3 it can be changed in any way?
i9m talking about the ps1 plugin, not the ps2 one, because the computer in my cab isnt that powerful.
I think Im talking about John peterson did in the previous page with the ps2 plugin but for the ps1 one, but im not sure, im not english so dindnt understood 100%
Could you add some basic support for USB Flash Drives, I need it for testing some cheats I ported (too lazy to create/edit each one in ARMAX).

I as far as I can tell all it needs is read/write/format/sizeof access.
I haven't downloaded yet because judging by forums info the one thing I wanted it for it doesn't support.