Nuvee - PS1/PS2 input plugin supporting lightguns by Shalma
I'm told from several lightgun players that it does with SVN builds. So you could try it again. Wink

You could also try turning up the mouse - config - sensitivity rating to make it less sluggish.

Sponsored links

yeah it does work in the latest revisions, I had an older version of the plugin from a month ago :X.
So far it looks good, keyboard works perfect for me, the mouse I tried messing with the settings but it feels sluggish / jagged when using it to aim / move camera, perhaps its just this game, the mouse cursor works good on the in game menus i can move it smoothly to click menus / items ..etc.

another tiny problem, would it be possible to lock the mouse to the gs window so it doesn't go flying off-screen (on dual monitors it makes the gs window loose focus since the pc mouse goes onto the other desktop)

Would you mind trying this special build?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9966yo

1)
Should clip cursor to window (regardless of multi-monitor) when USB Mouse or Guncon2 are used.

There's a small bug atm if you start windowed. Then alt-enter fullscreen switch (the mouse window takes a few seconds to register the change).
(don't know if this can be improved)

2)
Change USB Mouse to poll at 8 -> 16 ms (may fix your Dirge of Cerberus mouse problem via in-game reporting rate).

I appreciate your feedback. Having a pretty limited PS2 collection (compared to my PS1 library), it's hard to participate in any way with PCSX2.
great work the clipping worked great the mouse no longer goes outside the window, and when fullscreened I didn't really notice any delays.
If possible maybe add an option to hide the mouse cursor when the emulator is active that way the mouse cursor is not as distracting. (btw you can already hide the mouse cursor through lilypad but might be better to have your own option, since not everyone uses lilypad)

as for the speed of the mouse in game it seems a little smoother not as much of a jagged feeling, also found out if I adjust the sight speed in the game options to Fast the mouse is much more responsive.

In the game I had to adjust 3 options.
Mouse Speed to Fast
Sight Speed to Fast
Camera speed to Fast
[Image: 2n0r6mf.jpg]

in the plugin I left the options at default
Thanks - leaving mouse at 16ms poll for now (someone can change it later). 32ms poll sounds unlikely but who knows. Smile

I think you can set 'PCSX2 Emulation Settings - GS Window - Always hide mouse cursor' which mostly does the same thing (okay for fullscreen). I'll look it over maybe (sounds reasonable).
I asked The Toid how long PPJoy support would take to implement. His reply was: "Not very long, a few hours, but he shouldnt need to add PP Joy support specifically, just joystick support in general, PP Joy emulates standard joysticks with 12 buttons and a 8 way Hat."

Shalma, you had said something similar on the NGEMU forums, as well. Would you be willing to devote the time to implement this feature?
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM
I could add joystick (PPJoy) support via DInput only. Which would take me more than a few hours. Or likely days.

Having tried PPJoy + GlovePIE a bit myself, it's something I'll try adding into nuvee.

edit:
@hyakki
Have you tried switching from RawInput -> DInput? DInput uses mouse ballistics and may smooth out your mouse motions.
Either way, I appreciate what you've done for me so far, between DInput support and considering the PPJoy option. Personally, I wish there was a way I could compensate you for your time; Before Nuvee came along, there was little hope of ever seeing PCSX2 with GunCon 2 support.
[Image: VdsVMGt.jpg]
Windows 7 (64-bit) | Intel Q8200 Quad Core | nVidia GeForce GTX 260 | 4GB of RAM
Dinput does seem smoother, right now with the in-game options turned up it works pretty good I can precision aim with the sniper rifle (almost near impossible with the ps2 controller analog sticks), now it feels like a PC game Tongue

I'll go through of some of games to see if I have any others that support mouse / kb , I saw you had Resident evil outbreak in the keyboard list but I couldn't find any in game options for it.

(some other suggestions is release/capture the mouse cursor when alt+tabing, just incase you need to switch to another task really quick without having to esc out of the emulator)
Edit::
actually it seems when set to Dinput the mouse does release with alt-tab or if you resize the window, but doesn't re-clamp when clicking back on the emulator, only with pause/resume.

New special build up:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6nat6u

- Hides mouse cursor better (window + fullscreen) (usb)
(use together with GS window hide cursor feature)

- Fix 'reconnect devices' regression bug (usb)
- Fix alt-tab focus issues with both ps2 plugins (pad + usb)

- Add Joystick device for mouse / guncon2 (usb)
(works regardless of mouse API. hit acquire and say 'yes' when gamepad detected)

ex. PPJoy + GlovePIE
Code:
//move the joystick (RawInput feel)
ppjoy.analog0 = delta(MapRange(mouse.DirectInputX, 0,2048, -8,7))
ppjoy.analog1 = delta(MapRange(mouse.DirectInputY, 0,2048, -8,7))

//map the buttons
ppjoy.digital0 = mouse.LeftButton
ppjoy.digital1 = mouse.RightButton
ppjoy.digital2 = mouse.MiddleButton

@ShadowofDoubt
If this works, consider it an early Christmas present. Smile

Quote:Before Nuvee came along, there was little hope of ever seeing PCSX2 with GunCon 2 support.

Lucky you found me roughly when I was about ready to abandon my projects and go away. With my phantom team basically dissolved and finally going our own ways, I still have that gravity to go private again.

These additions to nuvee are nice though - glad I stuck around to see them come through. And fix a few more annoying bugs. Wink
(learning about PPJoy + GlovePIE on top and fixing ePSXe some more)

@hyakki
Just hearsay about RE Outbreak:
http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic.php?...9&forum=44

Personally don't know how many of these PS2 titles 'quietly' support a mouse or keyboard.

I think the alt-tab issue is squashed now. Or mostly. Smile

edit:
Quote:(some other suggestions is release/capture the mouse cursor when alt+tabing, just incase you need to switch to another task really quick without having to esc out of the emulator)

Oops. Missed that one. Not sure how to do that though.. well maybe I do. Another day. :heh:

edit2:
And need to port changes to pad plugin.