Nuvee - PS1/PS2 input plugin supporting lightguns by Shalma
Hi, was wondering if anyone has got Resident Evil Survivor 2 running properly with nuvee?

At the moment I have the game playable(-ish, see below) with the nuvee pad plugin set to Guncon. From reading this thread I understand that there is a problem with USB detection for this game which is why I can't get past the calibration screen with the nuvee USB plugin for Guncon2 and the pad option is the only way forward.

My problem is while the game responds to the Guncon pad plugin and I can naivgate through the menus to get in game, there is a significant delay between pulling the trigger and the shot registering on screen. It's strange because the screen flashes for a gunshot as soon as the mouse click occurs but the shots don't actually fire until at least a second after the fact. The delayed fire also follows the mouse cursor so that when I fire I have to hold the cursor over the intended target until it registers or else drag it off target. Every other input in the game responds normally(movement, menu cycling and select, etc.)

Just want to know if this has been everyone elses experience with this game and nuvee or if anyone has some suggestions because I've tried everything I can think of and I'm just about ready to give up on the PS2 version of this game.

Necessary details:
Emu   - PCSX2 1.5.0
PAD   - nuvee ps2 pad 0.2.0
SPU2 - Spu2-X 2.0.0
CDVD - CDVDGigaherz 0.11.0
USB   - nuvee ps2 usb 0.2.0(both ports set to none to prevent interference with pad plugin)
FW    - FWnull .07.0
DEV9 - DEV9null 0.5.0
Video GS - SSE 4.1/AVX
Renderer - Open GL(Hardware)

Sponsored links

hi
im lost in nuvee plugin and pcsx2 with AimTrak Gun configuration but nothing that i have tested work
please some one can share their configuration files? or give me some detailed help

i aprecite some help tnx
(12-10-2018, 07:01 PM)djrino Wrote: hi
im lost in nuvee plugin and pcsx2 with AimTrak Gun configuration but nothing that i have tested work
please some one can share their configuration files? or give me some detailed help

i aprecite some help tnx

What isn't working exactly?
Need a much better descrition of what's wrong to try and help you out as there's a few different parts that have to work together to get it running properly.
hi tnx for reply
when i shot to calibrate the gun (in time crisys 3) i'm stuck in this window and not able to continue with the game, the side gun button not work..
i have configured the key in nuvee plugin..
i have this configuration in nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini

PORT1 = 1
PORT2 = 1
HIDMOUSE_API = 0
Debug = 0
Swap lightguns = 1
Snap mouse = 1

------------------------------------------

on Nuvee plugin window, i have the Config button of the Port1
Check use Keyboard as D-PAD
Set "Left" to Trigger
Set "Right" to Start
Set "Middle" to A (A button = pedal/cover)
Select EndGame (U) in the dropdown list
Check Mouse Calibration Hack
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im stuck on this situation.. a lot of tnx for reply
(12-10-2018, 11:17 PM)djrino Wrote: hi tnx for reply
when i shot to calibrate the gun (in time crisys 3) i'm stuck in this window and not able to continue with the game, the side gun button not work..
i have configured the key in nuvee plugin..
i have this configuration in nuvee_ps2_usb_main.ini

PORT1 = 1
PORT2 = 1
HIDMOUSE_API = 0
Debug = 0
Swap lightguns = 1
Snap mouse = 1

------------------------------------------

on Nuvee plugin window, i have the Config button of the Port1
   Check use Keyboard as D-PAD
   Set "Left" to Trigger
   Set "Right" to Start
   Set "Middle" to A (A button = pedal/cover)
   Select EndGame (U) in the dropdown list
   Check Mouse Calibration Hack
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
im stuck on this situation.. a lot of tnx for reply

Sorry for the "very" late response(work, xmas stuff etc.)

A few things:

First, do you have the AimTrak utility installed, updated and configured? As you haven't mentioned it I'd say this would be the most likely cause as you say you are getting no response from the gun.

Second, the Aimtrak doesn't like when you're pc has both USB 2 and USB 3 ports so if that's the case for you, make sure the gun is plugged into a USB 2 port.

Next, if you have only one gun the PORT 2 parameter should be set to 0. To change this you don't have to go direct to the ini file you mentioned. Open PCSX2 and go to Config > USB > Plugin settings. In the first part of this menu you'll see drop downs for Port 1 and Port 2. Change Port 2 to none. Even if you have two guns you have to set them up with only one plugged in at first to get them working.

Next point, if you are playing Time Crisis 3, where you have Endgame selected you should set it to the Time Crisis 3 profile. These profiles are set to work pretty well with their respective games straight away. It won't prevent you from playing but accuracy will be off because of the parameters these deal with.

Lastly, for the Check Mouse Calibration Hack, once you get past the calibration screen you need to hit ESC and go back into the nuvee config menu and turn this off. Leaving it on messes with the way the plugin behaves in game.

Hope this helps and if you've anymore questions I'll try to respond a lot sooner than the last time!
Hi
i have not see the reply email.. tnx

so shure i have installed on my pc the aimtrak utility this is my screenshot  [Image: aimtrack.png]

so im stuck on calibrating screen, i shut on monitor and is ok so  i need to press one button on Ligthgun but no on ebutton work and i not understand why..

i think have all set up correctly but something is missing....

i have set up as you telled the nuvee_ps2_usb_main

PORT1 = 1
PORT2 = 0
HIDMOUSE_API = 0
Debug = 0
Swap lightguns = 0
Snap mouse = 1

repeat i not understan why the button not work even mouse button so im stuck there

Tnx
i have understanded taht button are configured in nuvee_ps2_usb_guncon1.ini in inis folder
you can give your content so i see if is the same
also im looking that gcon is reconizz as player 2 and not 1... i dont now if this is a problem but as repeat afther this screen im able to shoot the corcle and have cursor in center so i'm stuck only becouse button on ligthgun not work to continue..

[Image: gcon.png]

if you have it working can you send all your folder content without bios zip it and send to a system like wetransfer.com

reaaly not undestand wy button onligth gun not works.. if i go on lilypad i test to configure button works..

tnx
I've just played Dune 2000 with the 'nuvee_ps1_pad - guncon1, mouse' plugin. I set up sensitivity to 180 and threshold to 1024. The mouse has 1200dpi. The experience is pretty good in comparison playing the RTS with a gamepad. Thanks guys!
It seems there is an issue with Rebel assault 2 disk 2 patch.
Please advise
[Image: Screenshot-2019-12-03-11-27-37.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2019-12-03-11-27-40.png]

Also interesting sidenote: Hyperblaster->guncon patch works for original guncon and epsxe emulator but is not compatible with clone guns. X axis will not be registered.