OK, One More Try with ESR
Is there anyone here successfully burning ISOs to disc & actually playing them on a stock PS2 Slim with FreeMCBoot?

Long before there were any PS2 emulation options, I noticed my PS2 Slim's disc drive was sounding weird, and built up a library of ISO backups of my favorite games just in case. When I bought a portable device that could finally do it, and I could run PCSX2 on my Macbook, my original hardware started collecting dust. I started periodically trading in old titles for PS4 games, and was thinking I'd sell the PS2. Anyway, after a while I learned that toggling between the dual-shock controller & the built-in gamepad was a hassle, especially for 2-player situations. I never really understood how to use FreeMCBoot, but decided to try once more to play my DVD-Rs before selling it.

What I'm trying to do seems fairly simple, unless you have a Mac. I am stuck on the part where you apply the ESR patch to the disc. I am confused as to whether or not the discs can be prepared & launched on the console through FreeMCBoot. I'm not going to run Windows on my Mac, or games from a USB drive or over the LAN. I'm only interested in playing the DVD-Rs, otherwise I'm going to sell the hardware.

Thank you!

Sponsored links