Obligatory Post for anyone with PCSX2.exe crash but not knowing why.
Greettings all,
I had spent the last three days browsing the internet going through many forums and whatnot to try and understand what was causing my crash with PCSX2. I had thought it was down to GSdx and spent hours on that, but to no avail, in the inis and all. However after a few times when it crashes, and seeing the console by clicking on it's window using the windows 7 aero preview, I had noticed the ethernet device error a few times. After hours looking through the plugins, I never noticed which was causing the error. Until oddly, I had gone to the bottom-most plugin, the internet plugin, and pressed configure and noticed it did not say "This space is intentionally left blank!" As it usually does. So I went to change, and realised why I had not automatically done so before, is that it was on the top plugin, which usually is the default, and so after changing it to the nullDev9 it works perfectly without error. I thought since I hadn't found anyone else with this error I should post about it, correct me if I'm wrong or correct thread etc, this is my first post ever to anything. Thanks All ^_^

Sponsored links

Dev9 Gigaharz (Or however you spell it Tongue) Does cause some issues in pcsx2
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
(07-27-2013, 03:42 AM)Hovrawl Wrote: Greettings all,
I had spent the last three days browsing the internet going through many forums and whatnot to try and understand what was causing my crash with PCSX2. I had thought it was down to GSdx and spent hours on that, but to no avail, in the inis and all. However after a few times when it crashes, and seeing the console by clicking on it's window using the windows 7 aero preview, I had noticed the ethernet device error a few times. After hours looking through the plugins, I never noticed which was causing the error. Until oddly, I had gone to the bottom-most plugin, the internet plugin, and pressed configure and noticed it did not say "This space is intentionally left blank!" As it usually does. So I went to change, and realised why I had not automatically done so before, is that it was on the top plugin, which usually is the default, and so after changing it to the nullDev9 it works perfectly without error. I thought since I hadn't found anyone else with this error I should post about it, correct me if I'm wrong or correct thread etc, this is my first post ever to anything. Thanks All ^_^

Thanks for the report and for showing to be the kind who try to find solutions before jumping into forums at the first issue sight. People like you tend to be helpful in forums they attend.

Although that problem with dev9 is known it has caught many first users (and even some veterans as well, mind you) unaware and clueless because is not intuitive and evident how to workaround it and get the emulator to start.

Welcome to the boat, some more surprises ahead for sure but many more hours of joy and fun playing the classics Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real