Odd Analog Stick Issue with Logitech F310 Gamepad
I use a Logitech F310 gamepad (DirectInput) via Lilypad (r5822) 0.11.0 (PCSX2 1.2.1), which works well with most games. However, certain games, like Kingdom Hearts, 007 Agent Under Fire, and Enter the Matrix (USA) don't seem to work well with the gamepad's analog sticks.

Whenever I push the left analog stick in a diagonal direction, movement in these games is slowed as if the stick was being partially pushed, i.e. characters walk instead of running. I can circumvent this by using the camera, but it is still annoying during gameplay to be limited in movement. I've messed with sensitivity and dead zones to see if that would change anything, and used different pad plugins, but nothing works.

Why does this occur, especially with certain games only?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4

Sponsored links

go to lilypad settings -> second tab where you map input controls -> click on the controls of the analog sticks -> right bottom corner increase sensitivity. Maybe to 1.2 or 1.3. Just try it.

The most probable problem is that your input only supports circular input. So if x gives the x-Axis displacement and y of the y-axis than your input range is limited to x^2+y^2 <= 1, while -1<= x, y <=1 . Running might require a threshold of 0.8. But if you push the controller diagonal (x=y) You can only obtain:

x^2+y^2 <=1
2 x^2<=1
x^2 <= 1/2
-0.7 < x < 0.7

So that running diagonal is not possible.

If you increase sensitivity you can obtain something higher than 1 as norm(x,y)
For Kingdom Hearts you need a sensitivity of 1.381 on the L-Stick Left, Right, Down, Up.

I have the Logitech F510 and F710 myself, which are somewhat newer versions of your controller (the F710 being wireless), but I had the same issue as you. Works fine now.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
1.381? Is this your setting or do have you calculated that one?
I love such impressive precision for imprecise stuff.

Edit: I have 1.303.

I highly depends on the controller and the user btw. If you don't like to smash the analog control into the plastic you can also set it higher...
It's my actual setting. And it actually works lol.

[Edit] Yes. It does depend on the controller and user, but seeing as I have the same series as him, I would assume it works for him too.
I even attached my old F310 just now to confirm it. (I'm a Logitech F-series controller fan :C).

It won't harm him to give it a try.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Yes I guess it is just fine to use your setting. It just sounded like this is the only valid solution to the problem.

It sounded funny for me that you can give four significant digits if a normal user could probably not even stabilize the first two digits.
Thanks! I hadn't been giving this issue too much thought since I use the Logitech Profile software when mapping to other programs, and the analog sticks had huge dead zones for all of them; I figured that the controller was faulty rather than the settings, but I see that isn't the case.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
The sensitivity / dead zone thresholds really are on a game-by-game basis. I have had games where lowering dead zones fixed aiming glitches. I've had games where lowering the sensitivity of the left analog stick (all four analog directions having an equal sensitivity value in lilypad) have dramatically improved controlling a player, like making a player walk instead of run.

I have even adjusted the sensitivity of the face buttons (X, O, [ ] and /\) in lilypad, and lowering that unlocks new ways to control the player. features obviously programmed into the game by the developers but even on an actual PS2 controller was hard to do. if you have a game where you think the press buttons have different functions depending on how hard you supposedly press the button, try turning its sensitivity low. (instead of 1.000 like 0.505) you just might find that the player does a different move.

I just find it amazing how many games adjusting the sensitivity / dead zone of analog stick and of pressure sensitive buttons in lilypad dramatically improved the game. i think there is a long list of games where developers programmed into the game those pressure sensitivities but until PCSX2 there was no way for the user to really adjust this and fix how it might have been improperly calibrated by the developers, but accessed by adjust those sensitivities in lilypad.