Odd performance issue in DQ8 (1329)
I've been trying various configurations in the 1329 release to get a smoothly running Dragon Quest VIII. I've been able to get a fairly steady 50-60 fps, but I also get these 50% slow downs that see to be independent of my current frame rate. Here are my current configs:

Sponsored links

VU stealing and other speedhacks tends to increase the fps even if the speed is the same as without them, try not using the frame limiter or the vu stealing/ee cycle rate speedhacks and see if you still get the same.
You have an E6420 @ 5.2Ghz?? You shouldn't be getting any slowdown at all!

I use beta 1190 and get full speed 95% of the time with my system shown in my signature. I don't use VU Cycle Steal at all and have EE Sync Hack @ 1.5x, so try that.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma
(06-08-2009, 12:57 AM)Prokchip Wrote: I've been trying various configurations in the 1329 release to get a smoothly running Dragon Quest VIII. I've been able to get a fairly steady 50-60 fps, but I also get these 50% slow downs that see to be independent of my current frame rate. Here are my current configs:

thats a hardcore overclock!
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.
(06-08-2009, 10:09 AM)Misfire Wrote: thats a hardcore overclock!

Haha, I didn't notice that before. Must be some sort of display bug (should be 2147). An overclock like that would probably set my house on fire.

But yeah, I'll try turning the VU cycle stealing off and see what I get. Thanks for all the help.
(06-08-2009, 12:08 PM)Prokchip Wrote: Haha, I didn't notice that before. Must be some sort of display bug (should be 2147). An overclock like that would probably set my house on fire.

But yeah, I'll try turning the VU cycle stealing off and see what I get. Thanks for all the help.

You'll really need to OC your CPU a bit to get near fullspeed on this game, I know when my CPU was @stock (3.1Ghz) I got slowdowns, especially in battles with lots of monsters on screen, but it was very playable and full speed for the most part. If you can OC to at least 2.8Ghz (easy for that cpu) you will have a much better experience.
i5 7600k, GTX 680, 16GB DDR4 3000
Manjaro [Hakoila] KDE Plasma