Odin Sphere lag, can I fix it?
I recently ripped my Odin Sphere disc in hopes that I could still play it despite my lack of a ps2. I'm using pcsx2 1.0.0 (also tried 0.9.8) and both lag by about 15-20 fps in battle. Could it be my pc specs? Or is there some other plugin I could try? (Tried using latest zerogs as well as the one that came with 1.0.0)

2.8Ghz Dual Core, 1gb vram, 3.5gb ram
(device manager says Nvidia geforce 9600 GS, but system says 1gb vram)

Sponsored links

Can't use this forum without a real PS2 as the necessary BIOS component is extracted via legit methods from your own system.
(12-25-2012, 09:52 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Can't use this forum without a real PS2 as the necessary BIOS component is extracted via legit methods from your own system.

My friend gave me the bios I needed for it, and I can launch the bios just fine. I did have a ps2, but I sold it some time ago.
Warez talk is prohibited and frowned upon, to prevent legal issues. You may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ROM, ISO, Game that has been illegally obtained or shared.
If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked.

This is rule #1 from this thread.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Announcement-Global-Forum-Rules

You have to own the PS2 in order to use the BIOS, legally. However you choose to obtain the BIOS for real is your business only as long as you don't say it publicly that you obtained it from some other source other than your PS2 that you presently own at the moment you have the BIOS installed on your computer.

With that being said, here is a good thread to read on the first page...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

Your post does not mention the brand of dual-core but pretty much whether it be an Athlon X2 or Pentium EXXXX dual core, you will need to be at least 3.1 ghz to play games well. You other options include VU cycle stealing to 2 and EE Timing hack to 2. Maybe even a light frame skip will help if needed. Just play around with the settings and you will get somewhere with that setup.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go