Odin Sphere
Tongue 
Hello. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo (2.13 ghz) and 2,300 MB on RAM. But I lack a Video Card. I just was wondering if it's possible to run Odin Sphere without one, since it only uses 2D graphics.

Thanks and have a good night.

Sponsored links

From the little that I do know (still learning all this stuff myself) I don't think you have to have a dedicated video card, as the integrated video on your computer should take the place and work just fine. This goes for any game.
(12-14-2008, 09:26 AM)Josephsiar Wrote: Hello. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo (2.13 ghz) and 2,300 MB on RAM. But I lack a Video Card. I just was wondering if it's possible to run Odin Sphere without one, since it only uses 2D graphics.

Thanks and have a good night.

I've got just about the same CPU and the game runs wonders! Infact, the game runs too fast and becomes unplayable XD (the emulator thinks its pal and limits the frames too low if I limit them)

Since this emulator really focuses on CPU you should be just fine, though I haven't tested it with anything but an ATI X3650 so far.
(12-14-2008, 03:05 PM)atzero Wrote: I've got just about the same CPU and the game runs wonders! Infact, the game runs too fast and becomes unplayable XD (the emulator thinks its pal and limits the frames too low if I limit them)

Since this emulator really focuses on CPU you should be just fine, though I haven't tested it with anything but an ATI X3650 so far.

Could you tell me what configuration do you use?

I got an error for the Pixel Shader:

Supported:0
Selected:2

Do you know how to select the 0?

Thanks everybody.
That means that your graphics card does not support pixel shaders,so ZeroGS and GSdx will not work...your PC must be pretty ancient and will probably never run PCSX2 I'm afraid.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-14-2008, 06:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: That means that your graphics card does not support pixel shaders,so ZeroGS and GSdx will not work...your PC must be pretty ancient and will probably never run PCSX2 I'm afraid.

I was afraid as well.

But I can still get a videocard, can't I?
(12-14-2008, 06:17 PM)Josephsiar Wrote: I was afraid as well.

But I can still get a videocard, can't I?

Oh I just checked you got a core 2 duo.Yeah then by all means buy a decent graphics card and it should work fairly well Smile I'd suggest a 9600GT for a budget or a 8800GT for more power but still at a good price
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-14-2008, 06:19 PM)Bositman Wrote: Oh I just checked you got a core 2 duo.Yeah then by all means buy a decent graphics card and it should work fairly well Smile I'd suggest a 9600GT for a budget or a 8800GT for more power but still at a good price

Good!

As I said above, I was just wondering if it's possible to run Odin Sphere without the card since it's just 2D stuff.

Thanks again!
Question 
At some (always random) point game suddenly freezes. Music continues, frame count increase, but image stand still and does not respond to anything.
Output in console while using pcsx2-r528:
Code:
XML Loader returned an error. Trying to load a pnach...
No patch found.Resuming execution without a patch (this is NOT an error).
patchnumber: 0
PAL Display Mode Initialized.
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 50.0 fps
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(266304) ret=0x000c4900
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(2256) ret=0x00105a00
PS2RNA: sceSifAllocIopHeap(16448) ret=0x00106300
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\DISC.CVM;1"
EE Work Size 2624, 0
IOP Work Size 12416, 0
I thought it was problem with .iso, but it works perfectly on PS2.
Tried google for "File cache was not hit" but found nothing relevant.
Using 0.9.4, and those plugins:
[Plugins]
GS=GSdx-sse4.dll
SPU2=ZeroSPU2 0.4.4.dll
CDVD=cdvd.dll
PAD1=PADTwinPad.dll
PAD2=ZeroPAD.dll
DEV9=DEV9null.dll
USB=USBnull.dll
FW=FWnull.dll
FWnull.dll

The problem present even while using pcsx2-r528.
Tried various combinations of video&sound plugins, speedhacks and cd-plugins, all to no avail.