[Official Comment Thread] Pcsx2 svn snapshots and user-compiled svn revs
But this is in the changelog for the 791 beta that Krakatos uploaded... Ninja

Sponsored links

(03-15-2009, 06:33 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: didn't you read the post above?

Quote:This was 20 minutes before the commit of 777...
that means it's already fixed from revision 777 (hmm perfect number Smile)

It's not fixed...it meand that from 777 the older states wont work any more.
aah Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Hi:

I've just downloade de Pcsx2 beta 791. Cleaned inis, cleaned save states of my current game (legaia 2) and wanted to keep playing (by loading the memory card) . Then I find out that when I try to use save states the emulator closes itself.... Oh and I doesn't actually save becuause I crashes when I try to load the save state.

Is this a bug or this shouldn't be happening?

Thanks
yes that would happen since from revision 777 the old save states won't work with pcsx2. Smile
Windows 7 64bit

Yeah,ok, but what's failing is generating new ones where none existed before. Not loading them. Does this mean that there are no save states until the problem is fixed?
This is my fault...My first commit to PCSX2 breaks savestates Sad. Just didn't notice since the SVN only has one working pad plugin by default. Working on it now.

Edit: It's a PadSSSPSX undocumented feature. Can't find any source code for it. Just use any pad plugin except SSSPSX, and all should be fine. SSSPSX 1.6.0 and earlier work fine as well.
Hi:

I'm sorry I'm having trouble understanding you. You are saying that the savestate thing is pad plug in problem?
(03-16-2009, 03:25 AM)aarelovich Wrote: I'm sorry I'm having trouble understanding you. You are saying that the savestate thing is pad plug in problem?
yes Smile (for any SSSPSXPad plugin that is later than version 1.6.0)
Windows 7 64bit

Yes, the savestate thing is a problem with the SSSPSX pad plugin. Use any pad plugin except SSSPSX 1.7.0.

One new feature of PCSX2 is that it lets pad plugins save state, which fixes games that get mad if you load them before they've initialized the pads. The code is written so that old plugins that don't implement the new functionality will still work.

However, SSSPSX apparently has a function of the same name that's undocumented and behaves unexpectedly. PCSX2 will call this function incorrectly, which results in the crash.