[Official Comment Thread] Playground beta versions and svn compiles
40 minutes playing now and no crash...

Maybe something weird happened when testing it without frame limit?

Sponsored links

That Windows 7 doesn't come with DirectX later than what is available to Vista or XP is confusing because it has DirectX 11 (as far as most people are aware).

I suppose that would fix my issues, but isn't it kind of counter intuitive? Windows 7 Update doesn't have a newer DirectX listed.
you can still use older DirectX versions like DX9 right?
you have to update these that you do with the webinstaller which checks what files are old or missing^^ and downloads the new files

so regardles of the directX you have to update it to the newest version(1.9...something XD)
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(01-30-2009, 02:58 PM)tiku Wrote: How much faster, btw?

It is as much as 5 Fps faster ingame in most of the matches.
Thats really good
(01-30-2009, 11:47 PM)Mystiq Wrote: That Windows 7 doesn't come with DirectX later than what is available to Vista or XP is confusing because it has DirectX 11 (as far as most people are aware).

I suppose that would fix my issues, but isn't it kind of counter intuitive? Windows 7 Update doesn't have a newer DirectX listed.
Neither does windos vista. Not sure but if I remember correctly even XP doesn't list monthly DX updates. Still there is update almost every month. Windows update mostly lists critical security updates. DX is not important enough I think.

And yes. You can update windows 7 with same DX package that you use with XP/vista
(01-31-2009, 04:22 PM)juzz Wrote: Not sure but if I remember correctly even XP doesn't list monthly DX updates. Still there is update almost every month.
actually it is updated every 4 months.
(01-31-2009, 04:22 PM)juzz Wrote: You can update windows 7 with same DX package that you use with XP/vista

i tried doing the update with dxwebsetup and it doesn't update.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(02-01-2009, 12:13 PM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(01-31-2009, 04:22 PM)juzz Wrote: Not sure but if I remember correctly even XP doesn't list monthly DX updates. Still there is update almost every month.
actually it is updated every 4 months.
Well there is june, august and november at least so more like 2-3 months to be more exact. My point was that dx9.0c isn't latest like some people think.

(02-01-2009, 12:13 PM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(01-31-2009, 04:22 PM)juzz Wrote: You can update windows 7 with same DX package that you use with XP/vista
i tried doing the update with dxwebsetup and it doesn't update.
Websetup is known to be buggy sometimes. DL DirectX End-User Runtimes (November 2008)

Here is screenie where I'm running vtlb build with gsdx DX10 on win 7
[Image: win7jq0.th.jpg]

And DX config screen
[Image: gsdxat0.th.jpg]
well i just checked "c:\windows\system32" and i see all the files for dx9 and dx10 there, plus there's a file that is for dx11 so my computer is already updated Tongue

but since my video card doesn't support dx10 it will most probably not support dx11 Sad
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
'Spyro: A Hero's Tail' no longer works with PCSX2 SVN 681 (Never loads the Title Screen after the logo but still plays music with a black screen). Tried with and without speed hacks. It worked with previous versions.
On another note, I've noticed 'Crash: The Wrath of Cortex' got a speed increase in SVN681.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
With the latest svn update I get

Error: unrecognized format for the relative external URL '^\trunk\3rdparty\Soundtouch'
Error: check the path and/or URL you've entered.

Then Tortoise SVN fails