[Official Comment Thread] Playground release version 1.0.0395
Merged the thread. Better stick this once, else it gets pushed to second page again Smile

Sponsored links

missing hard drive;

basic flow of what happened: playing pcsx2, crashed during game, started again, crashed after start, crashed during start, unable to kill, restart (power button), HARD DRIVE MISSING IN BIOS. its better now.

i was using pcsx2_pg(1.0.0395, running in vista) i was playing final fantasy x, when the game froze. i restarted the program after the freeze (this may or may not be related). went to the run menu and hit execute (instead of loading the dvd image), and it crashed. after this, i started it up again, and it didn't even get close to loading. it just sat in the dos box without any text at all. the hard drive light was going nuts at this point. i opened up the task manager, and tried to kill the process, which windows told me it couldn't do. tried using truecrypt to dismount the drive (its encrypted, hasn't been a problem thus far). wouldn't dismount. tried using an unlocker program to free the disk. wouldn't unlock. held down the power button to turn off the machine. when i restarted, the hard drive was missing. booted into the bios, and it wasn't recognized. just gone, which has happened before. let the machine sit overnight, and now it seems perfectly fine.

i'm not quite sure what happened yet, but i feel that it would be a good idea to post this here, as this could be a particularly terrifying bug, especially to people who don't know their way around computers. it might just be a bad hard drive, but i feel that this bug deserves some mention here. let me know if there is any information that i can give to help.

by the way pcsx2 is amazing. great work.
Well noone else has even encountered anything similar to that,so I'm almost positive it's bad hardware / software from your part Wink But if it starts happening here and there,we will look into it Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
This is a bad harddisk or some low level driver going mad (your encryption layer).
It'd be hard to code an app specifically to do that to a hdd, much harder so to have it occur as a bug in an emulator Tongue2
Surprisinlgly great. I'm still surprised that i get full speed or almost full speed on kingdom hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 on PCSX2 at all. After I got PCSX2 Playground I was abled to go with out hardly any instances of low FPS. I have an intergrated graphics card via NVIDIA GEFORCE 6150 LE btw.
Well, another crash with Persona 3 FES PAL and svn 681, I think it began with crashes some revs earlier.

Is there a way to locate the error for you? (I have VS2008 installed)
tiku:
Can you provide a memory card save for me to test?
I have this game, and these lingering crashbugs need a bit attention Tongue2
Of course, here it goes Wink

Problem is that the crash does not appear in a concret moment. Yesterday i played the game for an hour and it did not crash, and today it crashed when the game was started for 40 minutes.

I use Gsdx 0.1.4 (because of the floor glitch), SPU2ghz 1.9.0; x2 Cycle Rate, IOP x2 and WaitCycles Speedhacks; Clamp Modes at None and FtZ and DaZ checked. No gamefixes.

Hope it helps you and, yes, i know it's a very awkward issue to find :\

Attached Files
.rar   Persona3PAL.rar (Size: 110,33 KB / Downloads: 154)
Ewh, 40 minutes? I guess I'll pass :/

Edit: Lucky me, I only got the NTSC version anyway Laugh