Oh no! We froze again...[The Sims 2 Pets]
Exclamation 
INTRO:

Hello beautiful people, I bring to you an issue of epic magnitude! No not really, but on a serious note, I am having some issues playing Sims 2 pets. Now before we get into troubleshooting and asking all those pesky help me now questions, let me give you some insight on the issue at hand.

Back-Story:

First off, my CD of The Sims 2 is kinda scratched, not like "used my CD as a Frisbee" scratched, but more like, "I didn't know how to handle the CD as a child" kinda scratched. Now this issue first started happening when I played from the CD, so I decided to try and make an ISO image from the disk. To my surprise, it actually created it! So the disk is still readable. Currently I have tried playing from my CD, and ISO, the issue still occurs. I haven't played around with any of the Emulator settings, as I feel like I would screw more stuff up than fix :/

The-Issue:

The issue occurs at random intervals, and I do mean random. It can happen 30 seconds into playing the game, and it can happen 15 minutes of playing the game, but one thing remains the same, my entire game freezes. I have tried waiting to see if maybe its just hung up, but to no avail. I wish I could give you more detail than "it freezes" but sadly I cannot. Due to it being random, I can't explain what causes it. At first I thought maybe I was placing things to fast and it froze it (During building my house), but then it froze during making a meal. So whether I am going into a menu, making a meal, or just letting my sim stand around, the freeze occurs.

System-Info:

I am running Windows 10 with a i5 CPU and 8GB of ram. I always have the latest video driver as I have it set to automatic and it will shutdown my PC in the middle of things. Not the best way to keep something updated but if I don't let it do it all on its own I forget. I did open my software control panel to make sure I was correct and I am, everything is up to date right down to my USB Drivers. I am using the latest version of PCSX2 (1.4.0), as of this post. I haven't changed any of the emulator settings as like I said before, im afraid I will break something before I fix something. To top it all off, all updates from Microsoft are installed on my Win 10 system.

Conclusion:

I know you ladies and gents are super busy, so please if you need ANYMORE info from me do not hesitate to post and I will provide you with the correct information to the best of my ability. I will be patiently waiting for your help. Until then, stay safe out there and happy gaming!

Best of wishes,
0Z

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-28-2016, 10:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

All done.

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 8,88 KB / Downloads: 302)
Bumperuni
So whats going on? You asked me to upload my log files, I have, were they of no help? I wonder because its been 2 days since you replied anything.

Best of wishes,
0Z
Did you just copy the latest log, or is that the log from right after the game froze?
Is the issue present on latest development builds ? http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
(08-30-2016, 07:48 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Did you just copy the latest log, or is that the log from right after the game froze?

Sadly I raged quit and never started the emulator again, so this is the latest logs but its also the log right after the crash as I never started the emulator again.

(08-30-2016, 07:51 PM)ssakash Wrote: Is the issue present on latest development builds ? http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

Apologies, I am not sure. I thought 1.4.0 was the latest but I am indeed wrong. I will admit when I found the new version (after submitting my issue above) I thought of changing but then I saw all the issues people were having and decided against it. Do you think I should give the Latest Dev build a try?
(08-30-2016, 09:06 PM)0Z3ro0 Wrote: Do you think I should give the Latest Dev build a try?

I believe that's why he suggested it Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Corect me if i am wrong but if cd/dvd is scratched one thing that could happen is ps2 freeze, so if rip of disc is fault/flawed cause disc scratches pcsx2 wouldnt freeze too?
Try a diffrent game you own that isnt scratched does it still happen?

Now if you whole system is freezeing and not pcsx2 you have hw issues