Okami: The black polygons!
I remeber, that for ZeroGS you should use resolve hack 2 to obtain normal picture. Not sure about missing polygones.

Sponsored links

No effect.

Incidentally, I didn't notice this problem until ~30 minutes into the game (i.e., once the tutorial ends and the game "begins").
Seems like when the time to do some culling is up, instead of lowering the resolution (insert any other culling form), gsdx paints the polygons black.
As far as I can see, having played the game for an hour, this is the only issue between this game and perfect emulation. Aside from disabling log-z, no other option/tweak/hack is even capable of introducing other glitches. For me, obviously.
I've finished this game back on 0.9.4, very very enjoyable on the emulator, way more than on the ps2.
Bositman informed me on another thread that it's a post-processing problem, and it has yet to be solved. In Okami, the game actually looks completely different, as on the PS2, it has a very papery look to it. This screenshot shows what I mean:
http://holdingcell.net/wp-content/upload...mi-001.jpg
As you can see, a lot of effects have been removed, including the paint palette that shows up when you use the brush. But IMO the game looks crisper without these effects, but it sucks that there is black junk on screen.
This is a list of games that have post proc removed:
http://forums.ngemu.com/1244950-post1.html
this issue is now fixed with latest pcsx2 beta

you must turn on microvu1 in cpu settings...this does drop performance down a bit but i got it running nice (55-60 fps) by turning on a few of the new speed hacks (idle loop FF, status flag hack, and setting vu cycle stealing to slight speedup)

now all black polygons are gone but there is some flickering textures that pop up in the distance sometimes but no where near as bad as all those black polys and the game looks alot better
(03-22-2009, 09:05 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: I remeber, that for ZeroGS you should use resolve hack 2 to obtain normal picture. Not sure about missing polygones.

Kinda new but by hack you mean speed hack 2?

Nevermind thanks to your post and Venoms post it's working like a charm, thanks Tongue2
Hello, I am rather new to pcsx2.

I got Okami also working on my machine but the picture quality is kinda bit flawed imo. Texts look a bit uncrisp or blurry. I am using 3x native scaling, can't tell much difference between scaling methods there.

Any hints how to get the best possible picture quality for Okami?