Okami: The black polygons!
You sure that's not just the filter? Okami uses a rice paper filter on it as part of its graphical style. It's probably supposed to be that way. If it's too strong for you, turning on the "LCD Screen" option in the options menu will decrease the strength of the filter, but it will still be there.

Post a screenshot, I've played the entire game before on a PS2 so I can tell you if it's working properly for you or not.
HP dv7 laptop :: Intel Core i5-560M @ 2.66 GHz :: ATI Radeon HD 5650 :: 4GB RAM :: Windows 7 64-bit
[Image: sig.gif]

Sponsored links

At first, thanks for the fast reply.

[Image: ZKOus.jpg]

Here you can see in the bottomline text what I mean.

[Image: GfiLr.jpg]

Here I can you can see how blurry everthing seems.

It is my first game I tried playing with pcsx2, so maybe that is a normal picture quality.

Edit:
The effect also gets a bit stronger when I stretch the window and it gets less visibile if I reduce the windows size with my mice.
That's one of 2 issues there either a filter over the game that was done from either stylistic or IQ purposes that doesn't look good at higher res or it is running at native res which turning up the internal res should fix.
Nope, that's certainly not the filter that's present in the game normally. In fact, I've never seen something like that before, Okami looked sharp when I tried it. If you want the filter, then use software mode, but that can be slow. If you don't care for it, then use hardware mode. I personally prefer the game with the filter, though. You'll also be missing the canvas when you pull out your brush with R1.

Remember that you can improve speed by using a higher SSE of GSDX if your CPU supports it (newer Intels should, if you have AMD then forget it). You didn't post your specs so I don't know what speed you're getting, post again if you need more help.

But anyways, you said your problem was the blurriness. Go into GSDX and uncheck "native res". Make sure you're not using any speedhacks besides the Recommended ones, Okami doesn't like them.

HP dv7 laptop :: Intel Core i5-560M @ 2.66 GHz :: ATI Radeon HD 5650 :: 4GB RAM :: Windows 7 64-bit
I run the game not with checkboxed native resolution, the multiplicator "2-6x native" or custom resolution with 1680X1050. But still the quality stays the same. I got a decent system with an gtx260² and i5 750. So I am using direct3d 10 (hardware) and sse4.1 i guess.

And ingame I set to LCD monitor, still the same "issue". Sad

Edit:
If I set the resolution to native, this happens:
[Image: erL4N.jpg]
The game gets more crispier but you can see every pixel.

When I take a custom resolution it gets much blurrier, but the pixels disappear.

[Image: tihol.jpg]
Hmm. Post all of your settings. I mean everything. Your specs, too.
Win 64bit, 4gb ram, gtx260², asus xonar dx
[Image: JuJR3.jpg]
[Image: ssN9s.jpg]
[Image: memdK.jpg]
The ghosting may be due to wrong scaling, try something more PS2 like instead monitor wise in the internal resolution (it's OK you make the external resolution, the actual window or fullscreen the same as your Desktop/monitor). Some values worth trying are 1200x1200, 1600x1600...
Notice the upscaling always bring some blurring since it need to merge pixels. It's not to expect HD miracles starting from a 512x448 source...

In the end is an experimental process, a try and err process until getting the sharper image.
Imagination is where we are truly real
For that case I also tried it with native scaling x2-6. Still the same quality imo, still it gets blurrier if I increase the factor.

I give your example resolutions a try.
You have a very similar computer to mine. However, I noticed you're using a custom resolution. Use the scaling. I think you might be doing that according to your posts, but I'm just going off what I see here.

Increasing resolution is different from upscaling, so that's not the issue here. The game actually renders at a higher resolution.

If the scaling is not the problem, then I don't know what it is, so I'll let someone else help you.