Okami - help me configure please.
I have been at this for hours, days even, and I just can't figure it out. No matter what I try or what settings I change, the game either looks like crap or crashes. The shadows are not where they're supposed to be, or the background/shadows/lighting is just a huge gray blotch instead of the graphic. Not only that, but when I try to play the game, the opening credits just ZOOM by for some reason, and yet the actual gameplay is super slow. I have seen videos of the game being emulated in HD, and it looks amazing, and the speeds are perfect. I just do not get what I am doing wrong.

computer specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 675MX 4GB GDDR5
12 GB RAM

I am using PCSX2 1.2.1

I have tried older versions, since the videos I saw were a few years old and I though using an older version might fix the issues I was having, but I was running into errors and went back to the newest version. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, fiddled, poked, prodded, and ... there has just got to be someone that can help me.

The attached images, from right to left: The first one shows the border/outline problem. The second one, the moon is supposed to be colored, but the shadow actually goes over the top of almost the whole moon instead of behind it. The third picture shows the gray that happens. When I was trying to print screen the third one, the game had actually started going in slow motion and I have no idea why. edit: The last image is a side by side comparison with a youtube video of the same scene. all the images have that black line to the left side. I just have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.

edit: I switched from x4 native, to native, and the slow motion stopped.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

would be nice to show us your pcsx2 settings. think about disabling speedhacks too.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
couple attachments for you. I think everything else is default. I will try turning off the speed hacks, though everywhere I've looked says I should run it with INTC.

edit: I reset everything to default. The speed is fine now, but still have that gray going on, and the messed up shading, no matter what I try.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

if you really want to use gsdx AVX, it'll be useful in software mode only. your cpu will be too weak to handle it.
better switch to gsdx sse4.1 if you want to use hardware mode.
oooh. I never tried putting it in software mode before. I switched, and I can see everything without the gray blobs! Laugh ... but now its all really slow and my FPS and EE plummeted.
(04-03-2014, 09:58 AM)alpoxwolf Wrote: oooh. I never tried putting it in software mode before. I switched, and I can see everything without the gray blobs! Laugh ... but now its all really slow and my FPS and EE plummeted.

that's what I said
jesalvein Wrote:your cpu will be too weak to handle it.
just to be clear, I switched to 4.1 like you said, but still had to go to software mode before the game would shade properly. So, my CPU can't handle it... -sigh- I guess its time to just delete everything. I'm on a laptop and for some reason my Turbo button won't stay switched on, and I don't want to go messing around in the BIOS to see if I can overclock it, plus I've heard its not a good thing to do. Probably worse for laptops than for desktops, anyway. ugh. So irritated that I can't play my fav. game without buying a console and a TV and a disk... either that or a better computer.
Quote:So irritated that I can't play my fav. game without buying a console and a TV and a disk.
Since you need to own both a ps2 and the original disc to play this game legally, i'll just close this for piracy.