Okay so I can't run PCSX2?
I run With:

Intel® Pentium® Processor E2160 1.8 GHz(OC'd to 2.0)
ConRoe1333-DVI/H Motherboard
ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 XT(256 mb)
2GB 667MHz DDR2 Kingston ram.
Windows Xp.

I have played from start to finish.

Final Fantasy 10. - never dropped below 50 FPS(Pal)

Grandia 2 - some Slow cutscenes, but otherwise completely playable.

Grandia 3 - 95% Of the time over 50 fps other than the very rare
cutscene.

Tales of the abyss. - 100%$ full speed other than very rare occasions.

Kingdom hearts. - Slight lagginess at times, minorly annoying.

My point is, after going through these forums Ive seen so many people with pc's of similar specifications told they cannot operate PCSX2 under any circumstances, that they'd be lucky to break 20 fps blah blah blah, it isn't true so stop posting if you don't ACTUALLY know.

On a side note:

Any recommendations for other good PS2 rpgs?

Sponsored links

.hack// .hack//G.U.
¿What is you point of the post? ¿that you can run a gamed? because not only depend of the pc in selft, it count the game, the how is this game supported by the emulator, for the plugins and in many times the version of the game (PAL or NTSC). So how you can see there's not only 1 factor are many.
it's a point that it can be done, contrary to what many here say
(05-21-2009, 08:36 PM)Saiki Wrote: it's a point that it can be done, contrary to what many here say

I think a better point is that many (not all) people who post "you can't run it, it's impossible" are idiots or trolling. e: I don't mean you Tongue general observation.

Almost every computer can run PCSX2. A much smaller subset can run it well. Final Fantasy X is one of the most optimized-for games and can run on fairly low-end hardware, but there is a very long list of games that won't run at full-speed on anything less than the best hardware available.

So the moral of the day is: not everyone on the forums knows what they are talking about, don't take every post as gospel. Unless it's by one of the devs, then it's probably gospel.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(05-21-2009, 09:04 PM)echosierra Wrote:
(05-21-2009, 08:36 PM)Saiki Wrote: it's a point that it can be done, contrary to what many here say

I think a better point is that many (not all) people who post "you can't run it, it's impossible" are idiots or trolling. e: I don't mean you Tongue general observation.

I haven't found a game yet I haven't been able to play although im sticking with RPG's. If I had posted asking for help getting any of those games running, I would of likely been mocked and told I wasn't going to be able to play with my system specs.
(05-21-2009, 09:17 PM)00phelanchr Wrote: I would of likely been mocked and told I wasn't going to be able to play with my system specs.

I don't think so.
Those games you played are ones of the less demanding.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, great for you, hooray.

From my experience, what you're saying is impossible, or you're not telling everything. Having each and every speedhack maxed out isn't great.

P.S. echosierra could you please mind your choise of words.
(05-21-2009, 07:59 PM)Saiki Wrote: .hack//G.U.

These are three games you won't be able to play at fullspeed, regardless of your pc Tongue2. However, the first .hacks will run nicely with DX10 (but not with DX9).

@op
These games you've played are not really demanding. It being an RPG doesn't mean it'll run at fullspeed, mind you.
@00phelanchr: this only apply to most RPG games, fighting games like KOF maximum impact, soul calibur 3, tekken 5 etc. you wont be able to get full speed with a low-end pc, it already lucky that a low-end pc can get half speed or a bit more. I'm not really a fan of offline RPG, what i play is fighting games and even with my low-end pc i can still get the game at the playable speed (some of them).
CPU: AMD Athlon64 2.7GHz
GPU: Geforce 8500 GT 512 MB
RAM: 2GB