Old to New
Hello, it's been a long time since I've been here. Last I checked, Shadow of the Colossus and Metal Gear Solid 3 were the only major 'unplayable' games. I checked the compatibility list and they've both gotten big fat green boxes now.

I have to ask (since I am still in the process of ripping all of my PS2 games again), are these games legitimately playable now? Do they no longer suffer from the emulation lag as they did 4 years ago?

Please let it be true.
By the time you finish reading this, it will dawn upon you that this is my signature.

Sponsored links

the state "playable" means that it could be played from the beginning to the end of the game. the speed of the emulation depends on your processor, name your processor and we will say whether it will work fast (or) not.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
If you have a CPU to handle it, then yes they are playable
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah, good CPU means you can play it.

Make sure you've got the latest version Tongue
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
I've got a AMD Phenom2 X4 955 right now. I know 4 years ago the games were virtually unplayable on any processor, even the tricked out i7 920's, and I presume the PS2 emulation game has been stepped up since then.
By the time you finish reading this, it will dawn upon you that this is my signature.
(04-23-2015, 06:50 PM)noodlesdefyyou Wrote: I've got a AMD Phenom2 X4 955 right now. I know 4 years ago the games were virtually unplayable on any processor, even the tricked out i7 920's, and I presume the PS2 emulation game has been stepped up since then.

Oh yeah, PCSX2 improved crazily from 0.9.8 to 1.0.0 and that was in the span of like a year?

Now those games properly run on an i5.
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]

what would ;e; do
SOTC still has drops on an overclocked i7-4770K. Though, a mildly overclocked Haswell i5 might be able to handle R&C fine on software mode.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(04-23-2015, 07:24 PM)ssakash Wrote: SOTC still has drops on an overclocked i7-4770K. Though, a mildly overclocked Haswell i5 might be able to handle R&C fine on software mode.

Still went from unlaunchable to almost perfectly playable.

what would ;e; do
Yes, I know. I was just mentioning about the current status of the game. I don't think that the op's processor might be able to handle Sotc on playable speeds.
- Refraction
(04-23-2015, 07:28 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yes, I know. I was just mentioning about the current status of the game. I don't think that the op's processor might be able to handle Sotc on playable speeds.

Well, sounds like I need to rip that next and give it a shot Smile

Might be a few days with work and all, but I'll update this when I find out whether or not SotC is playable Smile