Onimusha Dawn of Dreams Just wont work
Hello people, i am new to PCSX2 and i downloaded it primarily to play onimusha dawn of dreams but it simply wont work, i have tried 0.9.8 and also PCSX2 0.9.7 r3353 after looking up this page http://pcsx2.wikia.com/wiki/Onimusha:_Dawn_of_Dreams in version 0.9.8 i got a black screen after sony intro and in version 0.9.7 i could see a dull language select page but cant select anything and i have also attached the log file but i have been able to run PES2008 flawlessly. I am using Acer 5740G laptop with i5430m ATI radeon 5670 GPU windows 7 home premium 64bit.

If anyone can tell me how to make it work( specific instructions would be greatly appreciated as im a newbie on the PCSX2 scene) i would be really grateful as i have dying to complete the game(dics 2 didnt work on ps2 and now ps2 is down)

Thanks in advance

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 4,41 KB / Downloads: 579)

Sponsored links

Get a new build from here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis

And make sure Automatic game fixes is ON
[Image: newsig.jpg]
umm sorry for being such a noob but i found the r4706 revision to be the fix onimusha DOD on the orphis webby dled it but not quite sure what to do with it now again forgive my newbieness
ok so extracted the 7z file to desktop and tried both the pcsx2 exe's "pcsx2.exe and pcsx2-4671.exe" used the default settings and still the result is the same as mentioned in the first post, totally confused now
r4706 is old already and only had the patch for the NTSC-U version, you want to use a new build like r4789 instead.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
actually my onimusha dawn of dreams copy from which i have made iso of is NTSC U/C anyways i will download the revision you suggested and hopefully it will finally work
still more of the same even on r4789 get the following error
" IPU Invalid Intra DC Precision, switching to 9 bits
IPU Invalid Intra DC Precision, switching to 9 bits
IPU Invalid Intra DC Precision, switching to 9 bits"
Post the whole log please. And make sure automatic game fixes is checked.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-02-2011, 08:44 AM)abirjin Wrote: actually my onimusha dawn of dreams copy from which i have made iso of is NTSC U/C

Uh... No?

Quote:(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_820.38;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = PAL
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_820.38;1) CRC=0x812C5A96

That says you have the the PAL version, both the CRC and the region says it's pal.

When you run the game with r4789 does it say if it's running the patch?
In the title bar of the console log window it should say the game of the name and at the end "[1 patches]"
Does it say that? Could you post the log with that revision?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@Bositman posting the log and about the game fixes being on i am not quite sure i am attaching a snapshot of of the game fixes section under emulation settings which i have in "preset 1 safest" please check and tell me if its not that setting u mean

.txt   log.txt (Size: 4,15 KB / Downloads: 509) r4789 log

@Shadow Lady console log window title bar says "Onimusha _dawn of dreams [Disc 1] (PAL-Unk) [SLES-82038] [Status = Unknown] [1 Patches]
and log is posted above