Onimusha Dawn of Dreams freezing with pcsx 1.4.0
I have seen many discussions about different problems with Onimusha Dawn of Dreams but none like the one I am experiencing. When I actually start playing the game itself, I cannot enter the pause screen (by pressing start). If I try, the screen just goes black and the game freezes. The same thing happens when I try to pick up that green item that you get from breaking a pot when you make a right turn at the end of the first area, which is the first item in the game. I am presuming it will crash upon picking up any items.

I also watched a YouTube video of this game on pcsx2, and it has a lady's voice talking in the background, telling the back story, but when I play on pcsx2, there is nobody talking. It's just your character and a bunch of zombies. Also in the video there appears to be some sort of yellow circle on enemies you are trying to attack, but that doesn't appear in my game. I don't know if this is also a bug.

I had this problem with previous versions of pcsx2 and then I updated to 1.4.0 hoping it would help, but it didn't.

Does anyone know why this is happening or what I can do to correct it?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go