Open GL doesn't Recognize My NVIDIA Card
OK so i have a NVIDIA OPTIMUS GPU and an Intel HD graphics card and for some reason the GSdx plugin decides to use intel hd graphics even though the program is opened with NVIDIA GPU and for the Open GL hardware and software mode it says open GL 3.0 is not suported for intel hd graphics even though it is opened with NVIDIA. plz help or fix this problem

Sponsored links

try using the latest SVN
Latest SVN versions have an option in the plugin settings to change the gpu.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(07-05-2013, 12:24 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Latest SVN versions have an option in the plugin settings to change the gpu.

I am but for some reason it has two selections that both say NVIDIA but one of them gives me black screen and crashing
Ok, go to your nvidia control panel. Go to manage 3d settings tab. Click on the program setting tab. Choose the pcsx2 exe file and select your nvidia card from the drop down list.

If that doesn't work go to the global setting and set nvidia as default. If that doesn't work update your nvidia driver.
The problem is that the OpenGL plugin is not really supported yet. It's in the early days and is mostly designed for non-windows users. Stick to DirectX11 as it runs faster and is far more compatible, and it will likely always be faster in windows (due to crappy OpenGL drivers in windows).
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-06-2013, 08:21 AM)Koji Wrote: The problem is that the OpenGL plugin is not really supported yet. It's in the early days and is mostly designed for non-windows users. Stick to DirectX11 as it runs faster and is far more compatible, and it will likely always be faster in windows (due to crappy OpenGL drivers in windows).

its not just open GL it is the actual plugin because when i open pcsx2 with integrated Intel GPU the selector in GSdx lets me select NVIDIA Geforce 315M and Intel HD Graphics but the problem is if i select NVIDIA GPU the performance is affected because PCSX2 is using both GPU's at once but if i Select Intel HD Graphics it is slower but it is only using one GPU so PCSX2 needs to either tweak the support for NVIDIA OPTIMUS CARDS or remove the GPU Select feature because this problem only started after the feature was introduced.
(07-07-2013, 03:32 AM)EmucraZ Wrote: its not just open GL it is the actual plugin because when i open pcsx2 with integrated Intel GPU the selector in GSdx lets me select NVIDIA Geforce 315M and Intel HD Graphics but the problem is if i select NVIDIA GPU the performance is affected because PCSX2 is using both GPU's at once but if i Select Intel HD Graphics it is slower but it is only using one GPU so PCSX2 needs to either tweak the support for NVIDIA OPTIMUS CARDS or remove the GPU Select feature because this problem only started after the feature was introduced.

PCSX2 isn't using two video cards, it can't. Even graphic cards that actually support dual rendering (or more) like SLI or cross fire don't work in PCSX2.

GPU select doesn't have anything to do with your problem, but in fact I'm having a harder and harder time even trying to figure out what your problem is. If it's because one is slower than the other, it's to be expected... different graphics by different vendors is going to behave differently. If you mean both are slow, well it's because both ARE slow cards. Low specs, low memory bandwidth, etc.

Maybe I'm just not fully understanding, so let's start from the beginning. In what way does the latest SVN with graphics select behave differently to you than older graphics plugin versions?
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-07-2013, 04:23 AM)Koji Wrote: PCSX2 isn't using two video cards, it can't. Even graphic cards that actually support dual rendering (or more) like SLI or cross fire don't work in PCSX2.

GPU select doesn't have anything to do with your problem, but in fact I'm having a harder and harder time even trying to figure out what your problem is. If it's because one is slower than the other, it's to be expected... different graphics by different vendors is going to behave differently. If you mean both are slow, well it's because both ARE slow cards. Low specs, low memory bandwidth, etc.

Maybe I'm just not fully understanding, so let's start from the beginning. In what way does the latest SVN with graphics select behave differently to you than older graphics plugin versions?

sorry for the misunderstanding but the two gpu thing is impacting the compatibility because the intel HD Graphics is the main computer display and my NVIDIA GPU is being used in a multiple display setting but i updated my GPU thinking it would spaz out like the last time i updated it but it actually fixed my problem and my Open GL problem too