OpenGL(HW) goes cuckoo on 1.5.0 revisions
(11-19-2016, 05:57 PM)SkyStruck Wrote: Will this also fix certain elements being seen through walls, as one would see in the last three screens of the OP?

@LightningTerror: I see no real apparent reason to uninstall this driver. Would you elaborate the suggestion?

Because It says separate shader extension is disabled. That bug was fixed for a while now so I thought it's some kind of conflict.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5

Sponsored links

(11-19-2016, 02:24 PM)gregory Wrote: Yes blending set to none is AMD bug. We are waiting a fix (as usual)

(11-19-2016, 06:04 PM)gregory Wrote: Don't use DX11 for this game. OpenGL support it properly with Nx upscaling. (yes AMD doesn't support OpenGL)

Yes, but it crashes remember - at least on the latest 1.5.0 - builds. OpenGL(HW) runs fine on the official 1.4.0 (though elements are still seen through the walls)

@Lightning, which driver would you recommend?
Normally 1.5 fix most of the issue of the game. You need at least minimum for the CRC level. For AMD crash you need to wait that AMD release a working driver (we've waited since January). Until then, we can use an older 1.4.

Quote: Because It says separate shader extension is disabled. That bug was fixed for a while now so I thought it's some kind of conflict.
Yes because I won't run a testsuite everytime GSdx is started to know if the driver is working or not. The test is quite basic
AMD => crap driver => don't use advance feature.
Current crash proves that even basic blending features don't work neither.
(11-19-2016, 06:08 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Because It says separate shader extension is disabled. That bug was fixed for a while now so I thought it's some kind of conflict.

(11-19-2016, 06:16 PM)gregory Wrote: Normally 1.5 fix most of the issue of the game. You need at least minimum for the CRC level. For AMD crash you need to wait that AMD release a working driver (we've waited since January). Until then, we can use an older 1.4.

Yes because I won't run a testsuite everytime GSdx is started to know if the driver is working or not. The test is quite basic
AMD => crap driver => don't use advance feature.
Current crash proves that even basic blending features don't work neither.

Basically, either go nVidia or Intel for proper emulation, due to the driver from AMD being sucky.
Well Intel on windows is awful too. 1 year of support. In short they support mostly Dx AAA games.

However, you can use Intel/Amd with the free driver on Linux. And hopefully soon they will support multi threading properly.
(11-19-2016, 06:09 PM)SkyStruck Wrote: @Lightning, which driver would you recommend?

Always latest. Since a fix is to be expected for blending accuracy soon™
(11-19-2016, 06:29 PM)gregory Wrote: Well Intel on windows is awful too. 1 year of support. In short they support mostly Dx AAA games.

However, you can use Intel/Amd with the free driver on Linux. And hopefully soon they will support multi threading properly.

I could make a multiboot of course (or make a usb-boot) that's not a huge issue. I'm definatly a beginner in the linux world, so I'd want a distribution that's pretty much on the go.

Which one would you recommend that's good for gaming and newbies? I'm thinking Play Linux (Debian) or Game Drift Linux (Ubuntu)

Just between the lines, is there ever going to be an upscale for software-modes? PC's are certainly strong enough to try some upscaling like 2x or 3x... Perhaps something that could be tried in a 1.5.0 build?
Any word on that the 16.11.5 update fixed the problem? Updating it now... If not, which version do you guys reccomend for my 280x? I'll use DDU to uninstall the driver.
(11-30-2016, 08:24 PM)SkyStruck Wrote: Any word on that the 16.11.5 update fixed the problem? Updating it now... If not, which version do you guys reccomend for my 280x? I'll use DDU to uninstall the driver.

Still no fix. I tested this myself. Perhaps the next release ?
https://community.amd.com/thread/205702
Haven't had issues with freezes or crashes but I do have the same graphics bug with SMT3 on a GTX 960 so I don't think that's an AMD thing

SW mode

HW mode (looks the same on OGL, DX9, and DX11)

HW mode (min CRC hack)

Game version is SLPM-65462, PCSX2 rev 150-1674