OpenGL completely broken on my PC
(12-12-2014, 06:08 AM)ssakash Wrote: disable MTVU and try the game Wink
Tried. No change!
(12-12-2014, 01:08 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: No reason at all for you to be running in native mode (actually some video cards and their drives of today don't like low resolutions) albeit that is not the problem almost certainly.
Native mode simply sets the internal rendering resolution, not the display resolution. The game is running in Windowed mode, so what the video card and its drivers prefer doesn't matter.
(12-12-2014, 01:08 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I can't reproduce the problem on my machine (I'm assuming it's not game specific in your case) and nothing in your screenshots points to a configuration mistake.

My actual video card is a r9 270x so I can't see how the 290 would be that different relative to OpenGL. The suggestion from ssakash is good but hardly will be the case there since it does not break OpenGL here.

Your case is strange and at this point you should be looking the problem at Windows itself instead the emulator.
(12-12-2014, 01:25 PM)Ryudo Wrote: If the display driver is crashing then it's definitely either A. a software problem of the card, aka driver issue. Or B. a hardware problem.

My old card started doing similar things where it would randomly crash the driver until eventually I had to replace the card because it was getting more and more frequent. (Which ended up completely solving the problem altogether after it was replaced).

So what you should do for now first is just wipe all the current drivers you have for your card, and make sure you download the correct (and up to date) driver version.
Well, I swapped out the SSD in my machine for another one, installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 Pro x64, and it still does it. The card is fine; it overclocks like a bastard (and to be sure I didn't overclock it again on this new copy of Windows).

Are any of you using your onboard graphics alongside your Radeons? I suspect that may be causing a problem. It SHOULDN'T, which means it's a bug in PCSX2, but I'm curious.

Sponsored links

(12-13-2014, 11:27 PM)auxy Wrote: Tried. No change!
Native mode simply sets the internal rendering resolution, not the display resolution. The game is running in Windowed mode, so what the video card and its drivers prefer doesn't matter.
Well, I swapped out the SSD in my machine for another one, installed a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 Pro x64, and it still does it. The card is fine; it overclocks like a bastard (and to be sure I didn't overclock it again on this new copy of Windows).

Are any of you using your onboard graphics alongside your Radeons? I suspect that may be causing a problem. It SHOULDN'T, which means it's a bug in PCSX2, but I'm curious.
No, I don't even have an onboard card and the CPU is a FX 8350, so no APU also. Again, the reported issue doesn't seen a problem with the emulator but possibly with your OpenGL itself.
Imagination is where we are truly real