OpenGL completely broken on my PC
While investigating another issue I discovered that OpenGL is totally broken on my machine. Whether I use my Intel HD Graphics 4600, or my Radeon R9 290X, it's busted. I get this:[Image: ybcmeVT.png]

Even in software mode it does the same thing. Tested with 1.3.0 (git) and 1.2.1 (stable).

Sponsored links

(12-04-2014, 08:22 PM)auxy Wrote: While investigating another issue I discovered that OpenGL is totally broken on my machine. Whether I use my Intel HD Graphics 4600, or my Radeon R9 290X, it's busted. I get this:[Image: ybcmeVT.png]

Even in software mode it does the same thing. Tested with 1.3.0 (git) and 1.2.1 (stable).

Maybe it's just that specific game?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Myself on github Wrote:Windows 8.1 Pro x86-64, PCSX2 version 1.2.1 (newest stable) and 1.3.0-20141202231058 (git) (extracted to separate directories, tested separately)
Tested with compatibility preset on Safe (fast) and Safest.
OpenGL gives a white screen on console startup. Will test with another title in a second, make a separate issue if it persists in other games. Applies to all games
Hardware is Core i7-4790K with Intel HD 4600, and a Radeon R9 290X (driver version 14.11.2).

4790K, 32GB DDR3-1866, iHD 4600/R9 290X 4GB, Win 8.1 Pro x86-64
PCSX2 version 1.2.1 (newest stable) and 1.3.0-20141202231058 (git) (extracted to separate directories, tested separately)
Tested with all defaults on "Safest" and "Safe (faster)" presets
Many games, all from self-ripped ISO -- edit: I should note that they work fine using DirectX
can you post a screenshot of your pcsx2 setting's. and, is there a specific reason on why you are trying the opengl backed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-07-2014, 11:22 AM)ssakash Wrote: can you post a screenshot of your pcsx2 setting's. and, is there a specific reason on why you are trying the opengl backed.
Yes.
Me, in the OP Wrote:While investigating another issue I discovered that OpenGL is totally broken on my machine.
[Image: w0W4PQG.png][Image: at4KOno.png][Image: HKWdfZP.png][Image: z7xqCAA.png][Image: K9XUtWj.png][Image: IK1YUHm.png][Image: vApP2ij.png]
-edit below-
Well. Testing tonight, OpenGL actually sort of works, but deinterlacing is NOT working correctly, and it actually crashes my display driver randomly! And not after long! Usually within the first 30 seconds of launching a game. The display driver terminating and resetting hangs PCSX2; I have to terminate it in Task Manager. I'm going to try updating to the new Catalyst Omega driver and see if that helps.
(12-12-2014, 02:43 AM)auxy Wrote: Well. Testing tonight, OpenGL actually sort of works, but deinterlacing is NOT working correctly, and it actually crashes my display driver randomly! And not after long! Usually within the first 30 seconds of launching a game. The display driver terminating and resetting hangs PCSX2; I have to terminate it in Task Manager. I'm going to try updating to the new Catalyst Omega driver and see if that helps.
Catalyst Omega driver installed, OpenGL backend still crashes my display driver. Alarming stuff!
(12-12-2014, 03:54 AM)auxy Wrote: Catalyst Omega driver installed, OpenGL backend still crashes my display driver. Alarming stuff!
disable MTVU and try the game Wink
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
No reason at all for you to be running in native mode (actually some video cards and their drives of today don't like low resolutions) albeit that is not the problem almost certainly.

I can't reproduce the problem on my machine (I'm assuming it's not game specific in your case) and nothing in your screenshots points to a configuration mistake.

My actual video card is a r9 270x so I can't see how the 290 would be that different relative to OpenGL. The suggestion from ssakash is good but hardly will be the case there since it does not break OpenGL here.

Your case is strange and at this point you should be looking the problem at Windows itself instead the emulator.
Imagination is where we are truly real
If the display driver is crashing then it's definitely either A. a software problem of the card, aka driver issue. Or B. a hardware problem.

My old card started doing similar things where it would randomly crash the driver until eventually I had to replace the card because it was getting more and more frequent. (Which ended up completely solving the problem altogether after it was replaced).

So what you should do for now first is just wipe all the current drivers you have for your card, and make sure you download the correct (and up to date) driver version.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)