Opening game files
I'm really new to pcsx2. I have everything installed, bios set up, completely configured. I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to be opening my games.

I downloaded a torrent and extracted the files into a folder. The only one that shows up as a compatible file is a zip file, which I thought was odd. It goes through this big process, then starts the emulator. It brings me to the Ps2 main screen, I click browser, and the game doesnt show up, only the mem cards.

What am I doing wrong here, can someone thoroughly explain this to me?

Sponsored links

I also can't seem to get games booted straight from the ps2 disc
(09-24-2009, 03:04 AM)jessikwa_0 Wrote: I downloaded a torrent and extracted the files into a folder.
Read the rules next time.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I'm sorry but those downloaded PCSX2 packages outside this site can sometimes just become troubles, try getting the PCSX2 package from the site and read the configuration guide carefully and if after that you still have trouble feel free to ask.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
He didn't specify what torrent he downloaded. Torrents are legal, some of them anyway.

Did you use Run -> Execute, or File -> Run CD/DVD? You should use the latter, Execute is a bugged feature at the moment.

Try using another plugin, maybe it would help. But I recommend extracting the ISO from your DVD to your HDD, it will improve your FPS. Reading data from HDD is much faster than from a CD or DVD.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4

You need to read the rules as well. Torrented versions of PCSX2 are not supported. Until the OP go and get an official version of PCSX2, he/she will not get any support. The reason being that we don't know anything about that torrent. It wasn't uploaded by any of the dev. We don't know for sure if anything has been modified or not. It could even be one of the unstable release from the trunk. Know what I'm saying?
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I read them like 3-4 years ago. Guess they were changed... Well, I believe a while ago PCSX2 torrents were officially supported. Oh well, thanks for clarifying. And yeah, I understand.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.87 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT
RAM: 2 x 512 MB Kingston DDR2
MB: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4