Opinions on how well a bootcamp macbook pro would run pcsx2?
Hi Everyone,

So I might be given the choice to buy a new laptop for school as part of a grant that i might receive...

Since I will be using it mostly for work I decided to go with a macbook pro and installing bootcamp on it with Windows 7.

Out of curiosity.. how well do you think it would run pcsx2? (and other more recent emulators such as dolphin?).

If you know any other laptop that's powerful but can be used for work... can you recommend it? My budget is 2000.00 and it should look like a work laptop (sorry no alienware heads Wink, but Lenovo, most Dell and hp shoudl be fine ).

Here are the specs for the macbook pro

15-inch : 2.66GHz
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB memory
320GB hard drive
SD card slot
Built-in 7-hour battery
NNVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB

Sponsored links

I strongly suggest you get the one with 512MB 9600M GT if you want games on Pcsx2 to run smoother. I had one that has the exact same specs as yours, and it can run most games at 100%, with slow downs at places where there are more stuff or explosions etc. with the 512MB (I traded in mines at macstation), the slowdowns were less (i.e. it would go from 60-50 instead of 60-40 or even 30 on the 256MB version). i know your budget might be a bit low for the 512MB version, but IMO, it's worth spending the extra money for the 512MB one.